1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Logitech rebrands, plans 'Logi' product launches

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 8 Jul 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

If their product designs are as awful as their logo designs then I think I will stock up on G500's now as I doubt I will buy anything new from them in the future.

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

What was wrong with the old name? I thought Logitech had a fairly good reputation, seems they have more to lose from a rebranding than gain.

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I'll buy Logitech mice for as long as they hold the patent for Free Scroll.

I love that feature.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I always look at corporate rebrands like this and think - 'you paid actual money for that?'...

6. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

I've never bought Logitech for their branding, I've bought their mice based on functionality.

Every company that has rebranded itself as "focussed on design" has been shorthand for "we're cutting R&D cost in favour of polished turds". Not a good sign for Logitech's ongoing survival.

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

BREAKING NEWS.

Logitech, the company known for no nonsense functional mice and keyboards has apparently been the victim of mass poisoning by an unknown hallucinogenic agent.

The staff and directors woke up today reporting the strange compulsion to make everything blue, inability to properly capitalise their own company logo and a deadly fear the letter G. Further updates as we get them.

8. genesisofthesith

genesisofthesith complete spanner

I could understand if they launched sub-brands for lifestyle and gaming products, but a general rebrand can only confuse the general consumer. I don't really understand why they want to do this when Logitech is a well-regarded brand with a reputation for excellent customer service.

9. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Such good news, there I was about to buy a new mouse and while I liked logitech mice I'm not allowed (on religious grounds) to be within 20 years of HID peripherals branded with companies with the work 'tech' in their name.

So now I can buy logi mice... or will be able to when the rebrand kicks in.

While I know there's no other benefit to the change, I'm so glad logitech made the change for customers like me. So glad they are thinking of us '7th day tech name avoiders'

10. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Okay, so Logitech's logo looked very 2004, but did they really have to go THIS far? It doesn't even look good, the only thing going for it is that it sort of conforms to the metro style design philosophy. It feels like they paid some talentless online freelance graphics guy 100 quid to redesign their brand.

Also when THQ did the same thing they went bankrupt a few years later... is this a red flag?

11. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

Hey bit-tech, I'll redesign your branding for you, 1/2 price of those logi guys but just as much quality.....
    Also, I've taken the liberty of buying a couple of key domain names i think you might be interested in buying from me....

12. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

"We're putting Design at the centre of everything we do".

I'd rather innovation and functionality but if you think glossy and white is the future then I'm sure that's just as good.

13. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I buy Logitech peripherals because the customer service is good, the products are good and they are reliable.

I happened to like the old logo. I certainly will not refer to them as logi I think it sounds half finished.

As long as the products remain good and the customer service doesn't change why not?

If on the other hand they start making flimsy unreliable guff... Well that is a different story

14. coyote

coyote What's a Dremel?

So, do we pronounce this LODJEE or, LOWGEE as in Logi bear ?

15. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Not sure if you mean Yogi Bear or (John) Logie Baird.

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Oh ****, it's the Corsair Gaming re-brand all over again. I wish manufacturers whose products I happen to like and use on a daily basis would stop trying to fix things that aren't broken! :rolleyes:

17. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

I have an 11 year old MX510 thats just gone back into retirement after my second recent logitech mouse died a short death. I know they have been playing some games with UK retailers of late also. I'm not buying anything new off them thats for sure. They may have been miles better than the competition before but I just don't think thats the case any more.

18. bionicgeekgrrl

bionicgeekgrrl Minimodder

Looks terrible. I've liked Logitech (sorry I mean, Logi) items in the past, though for mice I've stuck with MS ones, though until recently my main keyboard was a G15, which finally died on me after many years use.

19. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

This 100%

20. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

With the universal "Do Not Want" reception this has received, we'll see how Logitech responds.
    The encouraging response would be to do a Mea Culpa and retain the current branding.
    If they burn their bridges and do the "our executives can do no wrong, our customers will want what we tell them they want!" route, that'd be pretty much confirmation that Logi nee Logitech were entering a death spiral of poor management.