1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront Beta Impressions

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 14 Oct 2015.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

My problem with the Battlefield games has nothing to do with the games themselves. Too many players just running around willing to die for the 'kill'. I honestly haven't enjoyed a Battlefield game since playing 2142 and taking down the Titans...

In that game you could run off in to the middle of nowhere for example and still snipe or fly around and being removed but still involved in the action. Each incarnation since then has left me feeling that you either have to be in the think of the chaotic action with idiots running around spamming their grenades everywhere or the moment you withdraw you are isolated and not involved at all.

So far this game hasn't done much to change my mind either as even in the demos it is full of mindless morons just aimlessly run-jumping everywhere while blasting off their laser/pulse rifles. Tactics and team play seem to be as lacking as a canteen on the Death Star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv5iEK-IEzw

3. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

^ The main reason I prefer co-op to versus modes. I play online with others because I want to play WITH others. On a team. Of more than one.

Love the dog on a floor analogy though, Rickles - superb!

4. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

I enjoyed the Hoth mission. It's more run and gun than BF4, but it's fun enough. Hopefully there'll be other good sized maps/missions in the game.

Oh, and when Darth Vader killed me, I had exactly the same reaction as Rick LOL

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Favourite line from the article " the airborne vehicles are donwright nightmarish to control, especially the Snowspeeder, which has a turning circle equivalent to that of an excited dog on a linoleum floor"

6. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

Jumping in multiplayer should be banned and greeted with a message 'Well done!! You found the jump button'.

Watching people run jumping for kills makes a little wee escape in laughter, look in the game it works I get that, but the reality would be if you jump in actual combat you lose your genitals.....

7. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

2142 was my favourite BF. I did get into 3 though and had a lot of fun but when 4 came out so soon it annoyed me and I realised it's just about releasing new versions as quickly as they can and selling premium or DLC. I bought Arma 3 on sale a few months ago so I want to get into that if I can buy vorpx and use it with oculus dk2.

I wonder if there will ever be another 2142?

8. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Exactly.

Look, I know games are about escapism, but they're also (partly) about realism, otherwise why would devs hire military advisers and go to the trouble to record actual machine gun noises (instead of just going "dakkadakkadakka!!" and taping it)?

For the reason above, you will never see a bunch of squaddies legging it round Fallujah on their own, jumping more often than they walk. I've never understood why we have to suffer it online.

9. creative

creative 500rwhp

but they wont, just like every other EA game. It will be released to early and the catchup to get a working product will begin whilst charging for micro transactions....

10. timevans999

timevans999 old modders friend

Don't bother purchasing this game. I agree with the other comments about run and *****, but to be honest you won't get anything else from dice and ea. The main problem with this game is the same as the other battlefield games HACKS. Dice appear to be complicit in this its the only sensible explanation as there is so much of it and the fact that you don't get banned from the game when caught(just the server you're on when caught).
    I have already seen pay monthly sites advertising star wars battlefront for undetectable multi hacks and indeed have seen plenty of hacks in the beta. So if you want to know how good you are at FPS don't get any dice games because they are literally full of hackers and I'm not on my own in this opinion.

11. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

It looks beautiful, but it also looks like I'd be bored of it after a few days. Maybe a bargin bin game for me.

12. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

So, I'm not massively up to date on Battlefront 3.
    So from what I've read there is no single player at all? Not even against bots?

Colour me antisocial, but I just don't like PvP at all, in any game. I loved Battlefront 2, in that you could just fart about without repercussions. Do that in MP, and you just get berated and called a 'noob'. It's bloody annoying, but if this is way it's got to be played, I just won't be buying it at any point.

Tags: Add Tags