1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Xbox One backwards compatibility goes live tonight

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 12 Nov 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

It's nice that they've opted to make this a service that doesn't cost anything beyond owning a copy of the game, I've paid to play a few games on the PS Now service a couple of times so having this service free will likely tempt me more to pick-up second hand copies of 360 games to add to my collection.

A shame that neither service have added Red Dead Redemption to their rosters, I'd love to be able to play that via either current gen console service as I no longer own the predecessors.
    That game could easily turbo boost the number of people adopting either of the console's backwards compatibility services.

For anyone curious, here is the Xbox One's full list of compatible games at the moment:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

3. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

update is live if you do it manually btw

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The update is, but backwards compatibility isn't; the article should hopefully make that clear, and if not I apologise.

5. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

But isn't the problem with installing games into the hard drive? My mate's XBone is almost full and I think he only has about four games on there.

6. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

^^ I bought a 500gb Toshiba external hard drive because of the same thing , a friend bought the 2TB version of the same! its a shame that MS made the hard drive so hard to replace - a few screws and you can change the PS4 hard drive :(

and thank you gareth - I had assumed with the patch it also meant I could pop mass effect 1 in there and play ;)

7. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

This isn't really backwards compatibility is it?

It's just allowing owners of the the game on the previous console to download the digital store version on the new console for free, only using the original disk to verify their ownership.

8. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

or they could do what EA are pretty much doing and forcing you to pay top £££ for the latest sports games by not letting MS do this...