1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EE launches urgent Power Bar safety recall

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 17 Dec 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

I wouldn't touch EE with a 10ft barge pole. And not for the reasons stated in the article.

I just think they're a very very shoddy company, even as mobile phone vendors go. Crap customer service, crap warranty divisions, and even crappier reception considering they're supposed to be the biggest network in the UK.

All experiences from my Wife's phone, she's leaving them for Three as soon as her contract with these cowboy's is up.

Last edited: 17 Dec 2015
  3. Zygersaf

Zygersaf What's a Dremel?

To be honest, I don't get all the fuss with EE. I know this battery pack thing is bad, but everyone complains about signal etc and I have never had a problem. The only problem I have with them is people sometimes call me saying they are from EE and trying to offer stuff, but I'm sure they are just scammers not actually EE half the time.

4. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

you always get complainers overall EE has the best 3G and 4G coverage in the UK, now 2G on the other hand O2 and Vodafone overall best (why i use EE for main phone and rare case where no coverage O2/GIffgaff for backup , my EE phone diverts to giffgaff sim so if my main phone in rare case does not ring it diverts using the No response rule so i dont miss a call)

one Note 4G can be a problem on all networks with calls not working correctly if your having problems try turning off 4G if your in a 4G area (i know it does not sound right) as 4g does not have Native voice support its pure IP based and when you get a call there is a sideband or something that tells the phone over 4G that an incoming call or text is incoming and (should)drops to 2G or 3G to allow the call to happen,

i was at a business and they moved from t-mobile/(EE) no 4G to BT/(EE) 4G and a lot if them was having problems with calls and poor signal (4G signal, not 3G) when they was talking to BT once they hung up and told them to just disable 4g on there phones, and they had not problems since then, problem is unless people report broken 4g to 3G call problems EE wont know that there is a configuration problem on the mast (as its norm just an error in the way the mast is set up in the area) same thing happens on O2 and 3 (less so as they have less 4G coverage)

warranty site of things if you have EE monthly cover you get next day replacement (same day if before 10PM) lost,stolen or damaged (£7-12 a month far better when it was £5), if you Don't have monthly cover then you're limited to the 1 year manufacturer phone (no physical damage) EE will manage the replacement but if any of the moisture pads of been tripped they not honor it

but you're really better off just using your home Content insurance (just make sure it covers phones and laptops, some require you to list them with your insurance company ) when Orange cover was £5-7 a month (£10 for iphone) + £25 for the doing the clam, it was worth it (my sister lost 1 phone,1 stolen and 1 down a drain outside the house lol and one where the LED screen stopped working last one was in warranty no £25 charge as it was a screen fault)

most phone insurance now is at least £10 a month and £50-100 clam fee (if your on Tesco or O2 its just cheaper to do an O2/Tesco refresh and get an new phone as there phone insurance is norm costs more then the phone is worth past 12 months) house insurance is norm best way to go (sure watchdog did something about it as well)

5. destaids

destaids What's a Dremel?

That's pretty funny (obviously not for the person who had it explode). I spent a while trying to nab my free power bar from EE. You had to text them (which apparently cost 30p if I recall) and then go in to an EE shop to pick it up. Trouble was, they were almost always out of stock. When they had some and I went in to get one they were so short staffed and busy I spent 30mins stood in the shop (in a queue) without anyone giving a flock. After 2 such visits I gave up.

And now it turns out that I've missed out on £20 as well. But on the upside I haven't been burnt. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Someone bought a massive batch of el-cheapo Li-Ion batteries from a dodgy supplier in China!