1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Helldivers Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 18 Dec 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. gosh

gosh Minimodder

what are the control options on pc ? have this on ps3 and it's a cracker but would it play without a twin stick pad ? not too keen on how all the DLC is priced on PSN too, though there are enough weapons in base game and free new maps for this not to be a big worry.

i do remember a time where someone who shall remain nameless (cough) triggered a nuke on some bug nests that caught the rest of the team flat-footed and they didn't get to a safe distance in time. cursing a bunch of noobs that person started calling down a respawn pod and accidentally wandered into a minefield they had set earlier....fun times.

3. RickLane

RickLane Staff Lover of bit-tech

The PC keyboard and mouse controls work well enough. Mouse aiming makes placing your shots easier, certainly. It supports pads too if you prefer that, though.

4. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Did you have access to any of the DLC when you played it?

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I had a quick play on this on ps3 and loved it. Reminded me of alien nreed on the Amiga.

6. gosh

gosh Minimodder

cheers for reply, i can see mouse aiming being much more precise than twinsticks, though dunno how deployables would work.

7. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I very much like the look of this.

8. Nictron

Nictron Minimodder

I wholeheartedly agree. The most fun I've had in years!

The fact that it is easy to pick up, very difficult to master, constantly challenging and extremely easy to join a match or get people to join yours when you are in trouble screams excellent design, not to mention multiplayer local on single screen support using multiple controllers.

Has my vote for game of the year due to the fact of excellent design. I would love to see these guys do a game like this but with the budget and story telling of Blizzard behind them.

I have to mention the incredible laughter I've experienced as well as absolute frustration trying to beat an unlimited enemy.

Thank you for the review and spreading the word.

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

How is it as a single-player affair? I can never be arsed to set up co-op play with folks, and the playing with randoms never fails to provide douchebags imo.

10. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I've heard that the single player is pretty brutal and that co-op is where it's at. They were talking about it on the latest Idle Thumbs podcast.

Tags: Add Tags