1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Best Games of 2015

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 23 Dec 2015.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

No FallOut 4?

Seriously?

Not that I think it deserves #1 spot, but not even top 11?

3. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Or Xenoblade Chronicles X.....

*Sad Panda*

4. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

And that's why I love the Bit-tech Best Games! They gave it pretty average review and it doesn't make the top 11.

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

As fun as it is, it's also a bug filled mash up of disparate mechanics with little thought given to coherence.

I certainly can't argue it's case over any of the games listed, this has been a surprisingly good year for video games.

6. Ljs

Ljs Modder

I have played one game in this list (Rocket League, and although I am fairly terrible at it, it makes a fantastic Friday night game with friends and a few beers).

Need to pull my socks up a bit!

7. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Pleased the Witcher 3 and Invisible Inc made it on the list, both very well deserving.

8. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

Honestly, no Fallout because neither me or Rick were big fans. Just an opinion thing.

For those interested, here's what reviewed the highest throughout the year. A few of the higher rated games didn't make it in because one of us didn't rate it much and a few missed the boat because they changed over time or we changed how we felt about them. Siege made it for example because we both loved it.

Joint 1: The Witcher 3/MGS V
    3: Grow Home
    Joint 4/5 Invisible, Inc, Pillars of Eternity
    Joint 6 - 10 Life is Strange, Prison Architect, The Swindle, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Halo 5

Honestly, i wouldn't worry too much about the ones that scored the highest though. It's academic but not really representative of the games we think were best in 2015.

9. Panos

Panos Minimodder

Huh, no TW Attila? By far the best TW in the series.

10. RickLane

RickLane Staff Lover of bit-tech

We limit the list to games we have reviewed, and unfortunately we can't review everything.

11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

For me, the absolute highlight of 2015 was Life Is Strange. Her Story may also have been up there, if it weren't for the fact that I bought it based on a recommendation but haven't got around to playing it yet. I did install it the other day, though, so I'm one step closer...

12. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

So many good games this year. You could have easily made a top 20 of 2015 and still missed some excellent titles off. I hope 2016 and onwards keeps up the pace!

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

As an ex Kepler/AMD Fury X user I can safely say that any brilliance contained in Witcher 3 was sadly stunted due to Nvidia derping their own drivers and then the incompatibility with Hairworks on AMD.

When it was finally patched and sort of worked about as good as I could have expected I found it terribly boring. Probably because I am not into the medieval theme whatsoever, so wandering around on horse back was about as boring as boring can be.

Fallout 4 was not what I was expecting but then if I'm completely honest it never could have been. However, due to my taste in games I would still like it to have been in the top 12 at least, given it's the only game I have put more than five minutes into this year. I still got a good 70 hours out of it before it started to feel like Fallout 3 after you had completed it. I really thought due to the time taken to make it that there would have been more locations and more quests. Whilst there probably are more dense locations and more of them it still didn't really feel any bigger.

I'm also not into playing pretend soldiers, so that ruled out Rainbow Six and I have no interest in "Stealth em ups either" so that ruled out Phantom Pain or whatever it's called.

I really don't know why you bother to do things like this if you are basing it solely on your own (and one of your mate's) opinion. It's kinda like "Oh look I can post on the front page of a quite well known website and show every one what games I liked this year".

As some one who does not play multi player games nor has any interest in any of the others it would be a waste of time reading it really.

14. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Pillars was a great game - which I'm still playing at the moment.

For me, the number one this year would be Shadowrun: Hong Kong. The team at Hairbrained just keep getting better and better.

15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Maybe you could have done what IGN has done and made a list of any decent game released this year and then let the users of Bit Tech vote?

16. ajfsound

ajfsound Minimodder

Surprised not to see Bloodborne here

17. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

When you say one of ours and our mates (because I voted on the list but didn't write it) you mean the games team at Bit-tech voting on their favourite games of the year.

Our list isn't a perfect list, but complaining because the list of our favourite games didn't agree with your games of the year is somewhat silly, because opinions are like windpipes, we've all got them.

I'd recommend trying some of these games, anyway - despite you saying a few weren't for you because you're not into the genre, there's really been some crackers this year.

18. roulio

roulio ROULIO

For me, SOMA is missing in the list. I know it only got 83% at bit-tech, but with it's excellent story it really leaves you thinking about it. And it really scared the sh.. out of me. And with it's well-done sound and graphics, overall a very nice game(gem).

19. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Glad to see Invisible Inc. on the list, haven't played the DLC yet but I'm looking forward to sitting down and getting destroyed again :D

Also not sure what Vault-Tec thought this was, he wants a robot to rank them or something?

Tags: Add Tags