1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft to issue Surface Pro power cable recall

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 20 Jan 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Jimbob

Jimbob Minimodder

"gently skipping over the fact that power cables for mobile devices are very frequently wound tightly, twisted, and pinched in order to pack them into bags for transport"

Yes, and it often causes them to get damaged. I've not had any issues with the two I've got but appreciate the gesture regardless.

3. graphitone

graphitone What's a Dremel?

" not any solder later"

I'll do my soldering whenever I damn well want. Soldering should not have a curfew.

4. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Pretty handy that, my SP2 is a bedside toy pretty much, and it'd be useful having a 2nd power cable so it could occasionally be relocated to be a secondary screen for game apps and such. I remember looking to see how much replacement power supplies/chargers were and it was something like £40, or a fraction of the price for the asian knock-offs and im not trusting those. Seems like i couldnt even trust the £40 one either, if they're having to replace them all!