1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Plextor M6V Review (256GB)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 17 Feb 2016.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Never thought I'd be requesting an SSD review but, is there any chance of bit-tech including the Sandisk Ultra II drives in the future?

These are frequently subject to Amazon and Ebuyer specials, so a look at their relative performance might be worthwhile. However, as you rightly point out in the review, it's usually a case of buying the biggest you can for the least money.

3. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

I'll see if I can source a sample, but as you said I doubt it'll be a game changer!

4. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Any chance the chart entries could indicate the connection method for the SSDs? i.e. M.2, SATAIII, PCI-E, etc.

5. Farsan

Farsan What's a Dremel?

That could be great!

6. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Is it unethical to buy one from Amazon, test it and return it? Seems reasonably reasonable.

7. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

would love to see where my old M4 comes in amoungst the new stuff

8. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Quick update on this - we simply have far too much going on to look back at older drives. Sorry!

9. littlepuppi

littlepuppi Currently playing MWO and loving it

TBF this is a good point, SANDISK are frequently the best priced drives - on offer that is

I have had a few and never had any issues and always been impressed...

They have a lot of models though - why not contact them and do a SANDISK roundup?!

10. Wwhat

Wwhat Minimodder

I recently saw an announcement for water cooling for an intel SSD, and the poster mentioned it was odd since they do not need cooling according to the manufacturer.
    Then later I read a technical pdf about increasing lifetime and number of cycles on TLC NAND and the design relies amongst others on a few temperature sensors on the SSD PCB because the NAND is seemingly very sensitive to temperature in respects to its lifetime.

In other words: If you use the modern low price SSD's (TLC chips), then it seems best to keep them cool.
    Install them in a place away from heat I would say, better to be safe than sorry.

Tags: Add Tags