1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 19 Feb 2016.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

This question didn't get a response last time so I thought I'd try again... Please forgive the re-post:

...I have a Blue Snowball Mic which often sits on my desk... With that in mind would you recommend a gaming headset such as this Corsair unit or to use the desk mic and go with a standard wireless set of audio headphones such as the Sennheiser RS120 II's for example?

3. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Sorry for the lack of response before. If you're not having any issues with your desk mic then I'd probably say go with the standard audio headphones. More likely to have better, balanced sound quality.

4. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Thanks Dogbert666 and no worries. :) These things get missed.

I did think that would be the case but I just wanted someone a bit more 'in the know', especially with regards to gaming headsets, to mention it. My mic is in perfect condition so no issues there.

5. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

A gaming headset would be a good choice if you were gaming while travelling or at various LAN events, but yeah if you've no mic issues then standard audio headsets are probably best. I can't speak for the quality of the specific ones you mentioned though!

6. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

So the Kingston HyperX Clouds still reign supreme then (in this price range), good good.

7. BenB

BenB What's a Dremel?

Still loving my HyperX Clouds. Great for gaming but equally unplug the mic and you've got a cracking pair of "normal" headphones with all of the adapters, cables and ear-cushions you could need. And all for £50 when I bought mine!

Tags: Add Tags