1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other 3 day vacation suggestion

Discussion in 'General' started by mystvearn, 5 May 2012.

1. lp1988

lp1988 Well-Known Member

Haven't been too many places in Europe but Munich is definitely a city to behold, and tree days would be absolutely minimum to do it in.

but the weather at this time of year is a bit unpredictable.

2. thehippoz

thehippoz New Member

3. LJF

LJF Modded

My favourite city break so far has been Barcelona.

Great architecture, historic and modern. Good transit. Sagrada Familia. Parc Guell. Markets. Incredible food. Sunshine.

4. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I went to Rome for 5 days last month and it was great fun. I have been warned about pick pockets in nearly every major city but i've have never been bothered. Just take sensible precautions and you will be ok. The historic center of Rome is pretty compact so you can walk to most places easily although being a capital city it is a bit pricy. Dinner for the wife and I was around 60-70 euros but if you stay in a guest house and ask the locals you can eat for 20-30.

Amsterdam is a good short break too and they have just made it illegal to sell pot to tourists to clamp down on the drug tourism if that puts you off.

5. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

Thanks for the suggestions. Don't care about pot also :p

Will it be possible to book a holiday for Rome within a month? Or its too popular with tourist?

6. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I meant if the selling of pot put you off going. :D Accommodation in Rome is the hard and expensive part. It's a popular place and a site for Christian pilgrims so it is always busy. I would recommend B&B's over hotels as they tend to be better value. I stayed at WRH Trastevere and would recommend it. The staff where extremely helpful and arranged transport and tours for us before our arrival. Trastevere is considered one of the best neighbor hoods to stay in.

We flew with Ryan Air from Edinburgh for about £40 for the two of us.

7. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

Thanks. Noted

8. gagaga

gagaga Member

Reykjavik

Iceland.

Lots of nature, great pubs / clubs, fun people and most speak english (to the point where in the bars conversations often drift between icelandic and english mid-sentence).

9. freshsandwiches

freshsandwiches Can I do science to it?