1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 3 monitors on a GTX560Ti?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JD_LincsUK, 11 Feb 2011.

1. JD_LincsUK

JD_LincsUK Dad's ArmA

I am planning my 3-yearly PC upgrade and have it all sussed except the graphics cards.

The two I'd narrowed it down to were the HD6950 or the GTX560Ti.

I'm a flight sim fan mostly - FSX and ED/DCS combat flight sims, SF2, IL-2 etc etc.

I am planning to run 3 monitors - I have two, one at 1680x1050 (22") and the other at 1440x900 (19") and would rather only have to buy another one - preferably another 19", than buy another two - as would be necessary were I to run Eyefinity - or else run my 22" at the lower resolution, which would not be optimal.

So I was wondering if it is possible to run 3 monitors off the 560. I see it does have 2xDVI and a VGA - so there are 3 connections, and nVidia do say something about running 3 monitors on their website - though I couldn't find any specifics on it.

One thing that puts me off this possibility is that it doesn't have a 2GB VRAM option, which the 6950 has.

Otherwise, I was wondering about running two 460's in SLi - but again, can I use 3 monitors off that?

Chars
    JD

2. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

1) You can't run three monitors off any nVidia card.

2) For Eyefinity, you need to have three monitors with the same resolution. However, that is for gaming. I believe you can have three monitors with totally different resolutions connecting and operating normally, just you can't game on them.

3. Synalar

Synalar What's a Dremel?

3 monitors only in SLI