1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Facebook to start paying more tax, claims BBC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 4 Mar 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

It's not all of their revenue, though - only the advertising generated by sales teams in the UK. Advertising costs made by smaller business booked through the website will still go through Ireland.

The real question is which number is higher: the sales team revenue from a few large clients, or the website revenue from thousands of small clients...?

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

True, but it's got to be better than £5,000 for a year. Christ, *I* pay more than £5,000 in income tax a year!

4. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Really does show just how broken things are, :D.

I know absolutely nothing about taxes, but a quick google which suggests Facebook paid 4% on global taxes, I assume means it's not just the UK they're shafting. No wonder the world is in such a state, :D

5. IonKnight

IonKnight What's a Dremel?

Annoying thing is if we think about most of us pay more than the £5k they provided in tax hell I could pay there tax bill twice.

6. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

I'm not impressed. I prefer Google that just own the avoidance, and use that money for good. These loopholes need closing, not media to pressure the most popular companies to pay more, but everyone to pay. The fact that most of us paid more tax than a multi billion dollar company is a joke.

7. iggy

iggy Minimodder

Iran seems to have the right idea about corporate tax avoidance.