1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Xbox One gamers quizzed about possible digital trade-ins

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 21 Mar 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I wouldn't be against 'selling' a digital purchase for either some money back or a %age off another purchase... would work best with yearly-ish games, trade-in CoD #219 for a discount on CoD #220...

10% seems really stingy though...

Also could potentially be open to abuse - the free 'games on gold' are usually announced [officially or otherwise] a while in advance - So some people could, theoretically, trade in a game for store credit knowing they can get the game back free on promo...

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Sounds fair enough to me. Imagine if Games on Gold were physically posted to you on disc (heck, let's say tape - kickin' it old-school, whaaaat?!). If I knew that next week a copy of a game I already had was going to drop through the door, I'd flog or give away my old copy and in no way feel bad about that.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it either, but if I were MS I would want to avoid that situation happening.

5. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

If I were MS, I'd PRETEND to be really upset, while laughing all the way to the bank.

People running around thinking they pulled one over on The Man, while they still paid 90% of sticker price, and then converted their game to part of a highly-profitable subscription service.

I'd even go so far as to say this is what MS actually WANTS to happen. The more people who have software libraries locked behind a Live Gold subscription, the fewer cancelled Live Gold subscriptions they see.