1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware MSI offers spring cashback on selected motherboards

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 25 Mar 2016.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Not a fan of cash back offers myself as I have noticed that etailers just up the price of the board by around the exact amount discounted. For example, the Asus Impact VIII could have been had not long ago for just over £185 but since the £20 cashback offer, it is now a touch under £200... so the consumer ends up paying around the same price with additional hassle thrown in.

3. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

Maybe country related? They don't do that over here (Netherlands). At least not with the Asus promotion.

If these cashbacks offers are directly between end user and manufacturer there is no reason for the retailer to hike the price. If the manufacturer actually increases the price for the retailer to compensate for a cashback deal it's a different story.

4. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

I specifically avoid cashback deals. The less of these the better, compete on quality and RRP, not have me posting receipts and checking my account for small refunds.

Tags: Add Tags