1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bits Overclockers UK Company Update

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 25 Mar 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Cr@1g

Cr@1g What's a Dremel?

I want a job working here, been building my own computers for nearly 20 years.

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Been there a few times now (it's where I got my Titan Xs from) - customer service has always been good for me. Since I'm off next week, I think I may take the opportunity to give this VR thing a go!

4. Taua

Taua What's a Dremel?

overclockers really stepped things up, good on them. I'd definately want to experience VR properly before I'd even consider putting down the considerable outlay, so I expect they will see some brisk footfall...

5. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Hmm, I'm going to take issue with this, very inconsistent they are when it comes to dishing out the sweeties.

I placed one order for a few fans and one of their OCUK mugs which came to £30 or so and I got a free pack, nice :thumb:

..then I place an order for an Asus 970 Strix, sleeved cables, Wireless Xbox 360 controller which came to nearly £380..and got no sweeties!!!!

What's that all about?

Just saying that you'd better be prepared for soul destroying disappointment when it comes to a free Haribo fix!!

:)

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

They have come a long way. I never ever used to order from them until Caseking took over but have ordered lots of times and have been very pleased. The customer service was very good too when they made a mistake it was quickly rectified.

Sometimes their prices are unbeatable, others not so much. But they do offer a great service and who can say no to Haribo?

7. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

They must not like you, Caseking is one of my work's suppliers and we often get 2 packs per box :lol:

8. megamale

megamale Minimodder

Serious question: What happens to the CPUs that don't pass the binning? Are they sent back to Intel, sold as "not good overclockers" or just placed on sale as OEM chips?

9. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I would imagine they go into other system builds.

10. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Yep, they'll just be used in other OcUK pre-built pre-overclocked systems, but ones that aren't pushed to the very limit.

11. dunx

dunx ITX is where it's at !

My only negative experience was being offered a mangled motherboard ( B stock ) with a wrecked socket for nearly £200 ! If I hadn't inspected it, they would have happily taken my money and laughed when I complained ?

I told them I wasn't impressed and they dug out a perfect item which I bought. But the fact that no-one was bothered about the state of the first item I was offered was disturbing. If I had purchased on-line I would have been shafted.

dunx

P.S. Still like a run out in the car to S-on-T every now and then.... upgrade itch needs a scratch !

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Sold as a lower-spec pre-build probably.

13. pcgamez

pcgamez If only...

Hit and miss is a good summary. Have had some dead hardware from here which frankly shouldn't be stocked. Also have a custom laptop from them which they discontinued support on the parts for so I had to source my own.

14. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Discontinued support on laptop parts is totally normal in the crappy world of laptops.

15. tiger-moth

tiger-moth What's a Dremel?

I got about 5 packs with my bundle and gfx card.
    They probably gave me yours.

Tags: Add Tags