1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Lian Li PC-D888 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 27 Apr 2016.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

If you consider it a piece of art the price is dirt cheap.

3. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

These sorts of giant cases have always turned my crank, though that may be partially because I have a fondness for multiple-CPU server boards that are often eATX.

4. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

all looks good apart from the horrendous 8-pack logo which I still find cringeworthy, and of course the half a grand price tag.

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

At least the 8 pack logo is on a window - easy to replace.

I am a little surprised by this case, given the general trend seems to be toward downsizing. Of all four of our PCs, the largest is a mATX DS Cube, followed by Silverstone TJ08 and PS07 and an ITX SG07.

Still, you could fill it with rads, max the CPU and GPU(s) and leave the fans at 5v :)

6. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Looks like inside a larger version of a 540 but I like it except for the price.

7. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I just don't get Lian Li. Super expensive cases that range from fugly to bland and made from aluminium for no good reason whatsoever, because lets be honest, when was the last time you needed your case to be light weight. I'd rather have a heavier case that isn't full of dents, scratches and oily finger prints all over it after that first week thanks.

8. rollo

rollo Modder

Thermal take do a case of similar size for £150 is the aluminium really worth £350 extra. I'd question that for probably ever if I brought this.

9. Deders

Deders Modder

Apparently Bit Tech have the only 3GB 980 in existence. Did 1GB burn out or something?

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I have owned countless Lian Li cases over the years and not a single one of them ever had any dents.

Is the aluminium worth £350 extra? No.
    Is not owning a Thermaltake product worth £350 extra? Yes.

11. rollo

rollo Modder

Then buy a mountain mods case which offers much better options in all areas?

12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Oh great a case big enough to water cool GPUs that pretty much no longer do anything.

Like others have said we are getting smaller.

13. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I own a TT Core V1 case and it's one of the best cases I've owned.

Have one of their psus and my son has the Poseidon Z keyboard which is great.

Not sure why the hate towards thermal take.

£500 is ridiculous for a case,

14. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

The comment about SSD and being unforgivable.. Why would you want SSD in the 2.5" variety in that system? By your own admission it's a case built to take the very best so with that in mind the SSD in most instances would be m.2 and two of them if the board supports it.

Lian-li cases the same as silverstone at a certain size cost a lot of money. If you want something to handle the task at hand with the cooling required from the best system going then your are going to use something like this or a caselabs. How expensive are those exactly?

15. dunx

dunx ITX is where it's at !

It's double the price of a PC-D600 for what ?

dunx

P.S. Yes I do own one..... so I'm down one 5.25 bay slot and needed 140mm fans instead of 1.5 dozen 120mm fans..... silly price indeed.
    P.P.S. I do like the large HDD bay covers though, I'd like to buy a couple !

16. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

With the size of that case, I was half hoping it would fit SWTX mobos... :worried:

Tags: Add Tags