1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubisoft launches 30th anniversary giveaway

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 14 Jun 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. cps1974

cps1974 What's a Dremel?

perhaps they could make sure the games they give away are finished / fixed ?

3. Blakmagik

Blakmagik What's a Dremel?

Surely those games will be finished, were finished years ago, I presume.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Finished as in left alone? Yes, definitely.

Finished as in bug-free? Well.... it is Ubisoft.

5. iggy

iggy Minimodder

No chance. they can keep their free games.

6. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

Certainly not installing Uplay ever again.

7. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Really that's the case with almost every developer these days, I've not played a bug free game in the past 3-4 years.
    Even something that gets tons of praise like the Witcher 3 has some dreadful bugs that can make it impossible to continue a save.

Apart from a few Ubisoft games at launch, I can't say I've had much issue with their games.
    I've only experienced minor glitches in them, though I'm probably 6-7 months behind the releases with my backlog of games.

8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I do like The Division and it is quite a lot of fun, but the glitching and exploiting in it was taken to a whole new level with the devs apparently not able to fix it.

A couple of days ago I was playing a High Value Target mission in which you have to kill waves of enemies and then a minor boss. After the fight was finished and all enemies killed I had to find the room I was in sealed from the outside. Okay, I thought, I will just fast-travel to my homebase. Well.... no. Because the game was absolutely positive I was in a fight with some enemies outside of the building who had not seen me at all and were just standing around. Nothing I could do but log out. If that was the only bug I found I would be more than happy with it. But, alas, there are so many bugs I am not even sure a comprehensive list of all of them exists anywhere.