1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gigabyte launches RX 480 G1 Gaming graphics cards

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 20 Jul 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Will be interesting to see the OC profiles - wonder if AIBs will be aggressive out of the gate or just 30Mhz here and there.

3. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

£45 premium for an extra 4GB of Vram....yeah riiiight.

Welcome to the UK...land of milking it.

And don't give me any Brexit crap...sterling has fallen 11% against the dollar but prices have increased 15-20%.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Thats one expensive 480, Enough it seems that the 8gb custom cards will settle around that price point. Which is about where I expected them to be in truth.

The Mythical £200 480 8gb custom cards are a long way away.

5. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

It has never ever been a dollar to sterling conversion rate on any retail units?
    It is whatever they think they can get for them in the British market.
    I don't understand why they always quote in dollar pound...they are not American products, they Are Chinese?

Please stop quoting US dollar, for Chinese goods that are bound for Great Britain... it really pisses me off.

6. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

The purchasing of these items is done in the $US, which is the standard practice. All of the items i've bought direct from China has been priced in $US, I don't think I've ever seen anything priced in the Yuan.

The US figure is pre tax. So you add the tax (we include tax in standard retail prices), extra distribution cost, and retailers profit and this is where the UK price is. The weak £ has definitely increased the prices of these items.

7. dunx

dunx ITX is where it's at !

The dollar isn't relevant - the GBP has dropped from 9.8 yuan to 8.8 over the Brexit episode....

dunx

P.S. A year ago it was 10.1 Yuan to a GBP....

Tags: Add Tags