1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware PC Gaming Chair Roundup 2016

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 19 Aug 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

A nice round-up, I always find comparing the racing style chairs a difficult task as they appear to be so similar so for me it comes down to which manufacturer has the better quality control and customer service.
    A little bit disappointed that Vertagear didn't use the same lumbar support design that the SL2000 uses, as the pillow with the adjustable straps makes it possible to put it into more comfortable positions.

Do you plan on doing a similar article for more high-end office chairs like the Leap and the Miller?
    Perhaps it could be something to look at when Vertagear release the Triigger model, as that'll be in a similar style. It'll be interesting to see how a gaming chair manufacturer's attempt stand-ups against the well-known premium chairs.

3. iggy

iggy Minimodder

I'll stick with my ergohuman.

4. dolphin-promotions

dolphin-promotions What's a Dremel?

I bought my Herman Miller Mirra 6 years ago when I was obese and sick of breaking chairs. It was painfully expensive at around £500 but the 12 year chair warranty and excellent reviews swayed me.

It's extremely comfy for long periods of sitting, loads of adjustments, and it is still like new after 6 years. Though I am thin now, so wear and tear will be reduced!

5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I'd like to see that too although, all being well, my next chair will be a Leap or a Herman Miller, even if it has to be a used one.

6. alf-

alf- Minimodder

I did consider buying a "gaming" chair, when I was looking to upgrade my existing el cheapo chair.

Ultimately the cost put me off, and I also couldn't shake the assumption that they were more style over substance.
    In the end i opted for a second hand (though I use that term loosely, other than needing a clean, it looks new) Herman Miller Mirra.
    For that I paid for it (150ish) I don't think any of these would be much better, if at all.

they do look cool tho :lol:

7. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

leap Cheesecake

i got a Leap v2 (refurbished) and its excellent, if i found out about those chairs earlier it'd save me a lot of money...

not sure how's the warranty in europe but in US of A i think its something ridiculous like 11 years !

they're definitely well built and i can see why they'd have a such a good warranty on them.

i really doubt those "gaming chairs" compare to proper ergonomic chairs made by people who've been doing it for years, reminds me of "gaming heaphones" vs normal headphones, to some gaming headphones might look better but they're nowhere near the quality of proper headphones...

Last edited: 21 Aug 2016
  8. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

I picked up a GT omega pro on Gumtree for £60, it's not too bad as far as chairs go but I would have been disappointed if I had paid full price. I find it's not sturdy enough, there's a bit of "wobbling" to the seat even when the rocker is locked in place.

9. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I've been lusting after a new chair like these for a while now but am struggling with cash flow at the moment. However in a moment of clarity I remembered I had all the rear seats out of my old people carrier so will be mounting one on to the base of my old swirly office chair. Not only will it be cheap, comfy etc but it won't have arm rests which I always have problems getting to fit under desktops !

10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Herman Miller Aeron cheesecake. Comfy, and with the added bonus that you feel like you're at the helm of a pre-crash 90s dot-com business.

11. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

That settles it then!

Tags: Add Tags