1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Wargaming Drives a Tank into Trafalgar Square

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 19 Sep 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Sadly, that's not a original WW1 tank, remaining examples are too fragile to move these days.
    It's a replica made for the movie "War Horse".

3. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Actually from what I've heard the Tank Museums originals still run and work quite well. I suspect it is a lot more to do with risk management and crew safety. Using the replica (which is actually excellent as replicas go) is a safer option rather than risking something very rare and impossible to replace.

4. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Can't imagine why not. I mean, how much damage can he do at 5 mph without a working gun? What could possibly go wrong? :naughty:

On a completely different topic, though one actually more related to the article, I wish Wargaming would buy Gaijin. I love War Thunder but hate the company that makes it.

Last edited: 20 Sep 2016
  5. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

You and me both! I stopped playing War Thunder a while back after some very very questionable decisions and lack of action on some very important aspects of the game. Still I'm playing World of Warships at the moment and enjoying it loads so not too broken up about it. lol

6. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Guys, that Mark I was perfectly capable of racing through London. It's just that Trafalgar Square was the cap zone. Everyone admired it and took pictures but noone thought of throwing a pebble at it once in a while to reset the cap counter, so when it reached 100% they packed up and left. Game over.

7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

@chicken - Oh, you.
    He was base camping, obviously. If they had parked Wotan there instead, you would have heard the sirens.

8. ooey

ooey What's a Dremel?

Oh yes, they seem to be a rather nasty company don't they? Also, I play on Realistic settings with a joystick in Realistic Battles; we get thrown in with mouse aimers who don't have to fly. It's like bringing a knife to a gunfight. What other game does that to you?

Tags: Add Tags