1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Battlezone Hands-On Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 30 Sep 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

will Battlezone be available for PC VR gamers on oculus / htc?

3. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Does the polygon count HAVE to be that low for the hardware to handle it in VR, or was that a design decision to go for an 8 bit feel? I'm guessing some of both. Too bad the game that really needs this (War Thunder and the tactical space combat sims) aren't going to see it for a long time if ever.

I admit that I'm not paying much attention to VR, but if this is the flagship, the killer app, then it has a ways to go.

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I bloody well hope so!

This is a design decision, but as you'd expect, PC VR can push more than console VR. You can play games like GTA V and Star Citizen relatively happily in VR.

5. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

I can't see a game like this really making people want VR though. It just hasn't taken off like everyone hoped yet.

Maybe PS VR is what's needed, console players might be the next serial upgraders.

6. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I'm guessing that, since the original was wireframe, they're deliberately going for a retro feel with the low poly count.
    I think that much of what we've seen so far of original VR releases (as opposed to existing games with VR bolted on) is really just tech demos. This is one of the first VR games that actually looks like more a game with proper game dynamics rather than just a way of showing off what VR gaming can be like.
    I think the combination of the price with the lack of gaming support is what's really putting people off. Headsets have only really been publicly available for 6 months, and there isn't really a "must have" VR title out there yet. Perhaps that will change with PS VR; I think it'll be a slow-burner technology.

Tags: Add Tags