1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Master of Orion Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 3 Oct 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. rollo

rollo Modder

Sins of a Solar Empire and its mods still show how this should be done for a fun game with longativity.

3. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

apart from thats an RTS not 4x overall

however sins is still very good

Master of oriion is nice to play and when you just want something to be a bit more casual it hits the spot. Stellaris is 100% the better game but that requires some long and thoughtful play

4. Alecto

Alecto Minimodder

Sooo ... How would you rank this Master of Orion versus Master of Orion: 2 ???

MoO (the original) was innovative, because it was early 90s, MoO2 was perfect MoO for me, MoO3 was utter pile of sh!t and I've been eagerly awaiting an improved MoO2. Is this it ?

(the one thing I really wanted to see in MoO2 was user-defined "build queue packages" to streamline development of new colonies so that I wouldn't have to manually click a number of items over and over again for each and every colony I established ... You know: Deep Core Mine [to be paid for with BC], Automated Factories, Marine Barracks, Robo Miner Plant, Cloning Center, Core Waste Dump and Terraforming as first "build queue package")

5. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

Id say its not MoO 2 sequel. Its a decent 4x game that doesnt really bring anything new to the table. Its fun to play but id say its worth around £15 or so £20 at a push if you love 4x games.

If you love stellaris and want something similar you will be disappointed.

Tags: Add Tags