1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Ten Years On: Tomb Raider: Legend

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 7 Nov 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

I remember playing this game as a kid and really loving it - Lara's mansion had a nice upgrade as well! It's a shame it hasn't had much love in the comments here.

3. Mattakadeimos

Mattakadeimos What's a Dremel?

I recall buying a ps1 specifically for TR1 and marvelling at how amazing a game it was. Then having to complete it in one session as I'd forgotten to buy a memory card and had got quite far on my first playthrough.
    I was a little let down by Legent, sure it was pretty but everything you mentioned as a feature I thought of as a drawback. Zip and Alister were expositional and annoyingly late 90's characters. The 'difficulty' of the original was never an issue for me having been weaned on text adventures from the late 80's so the puzzles were refreshing. TR was by far the perfect game for its time.

4. Fares

Fares What's a Dremel?

+1

5. somidiot

somidiot Minimodder

This was my first game played in the series and I thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the few games I took the time to unlock everything.

6. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

I really enjoyed the legends reboot but hated anniversary. I actually felt that the original game holds up better than anniversary. I thought Underworld was incredible and the best the series had ever been.

I'm scared to return to any of these games to be honest, just in case time hasn't been kind. Glad to hear they maybe haven't aged too badly.

I bought both Rise of The Tomb Raider and Doom today so a bit disappointed to hear the bad vibes on the sequel. Doom is ****ing great! :D

Tags: Add Tags