1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Asus MG28UQ Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 13 Dec 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Might be worth considering if the new Vega cards can offer 1070/1080 levels of performance for less money.

...which lets be honest, there won't be much point to them if they can't.

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Yep that's just it. A 4K freesync screen is a bit pointless unless you have two AMD GPUs in Crossfire or are happy with the performance from a Fury X. That said, it's still worth considering if you're not bothered by Freesync or G-Sync and just want a large 4K screen for less than £400. Vega should hopefully shake things up a bit, though, especially in the 4K scene as Freesync is so much cheaper as well.

4. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Well I'm guessing (hoping) that AMD will want to launch their Vega 1080 competitor for no more than £499, which would put real pressure on Nvidia and their ridiculously over priced 1080's.

..if they did that, I'd seriously consider switching to AMD and pairing this 4K monitor with one.

5. Jan1970

Jan1970 What's a Dremel?

4K freesync might be pointless today, but monitors last a long time. I am pretty sure that it will be a nice feature to have somewhere in the next 10 years (or however long you use a monitor, my avarage display replacement us 10 years, My average graphics card replacements happen a lot faster).

6. Wwhat

Wwhat Minimodder

TN? I don't know guys, TN in 28" seems a bit of a bad choice in terms of viewing angle.

7. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

i don't tend to lean left and right when sitting in front of the monitor

Tags: Add Tags