1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia upgrades its 2015 Shield console to Android 7.0 Nougat

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 17 Jan 2017.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Stelph

Stelph Minimodder

Does anyone know if the original shield TV will be compatible with the Smart home functionality as well then? We are looking into getting a smart hub that often are around £100 – so spending that little bit more and getting the shield for some light gaming seems like a good plan

Sad to see it mentioned elsewhere that the shield TV doesn’t get that full Nvidia Now experience they announced at CES (that must be PC only in that case) , apparently it’s the old model which is cheaper but much more limited with titles and doesn’t have the steam tie in - boo

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

The internals are the same so I don't see any reason why not, I'm expecting 100% full feature parity with the new 2017 model.

But the Shield will need a sound output for feedback as well as the additional of the golf ball sized Spot. The original's controller definitely can't be activated by voice at the moment.

I don't think it is out yet. I've done check for update last night and got nothing. :(
    https://twitter.com/ManuelGuzman/status/821077681018060802
    "in a week or so."

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

5. Stelph

Stelph Minimodder

Would be good for me – I’m not that interested in voice control I would just want the hub to be able to control the smart devices over the internet

Hopefully you’re right and the full service will be going live later on, I had just read this review where it said

“The GeForce Now service on the Shield is going to remain the same as it ever was, with a monthly subscription”

« It’s different from the credit-based system Nvidia were talking up at CES apparently because the Shield isn’t really being aimed at hardcore gamers, at least not at those without an existing machine they can stream from.”

http://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia/nvidia-shield-review-performance