1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Subnautica Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 26 Jan 2017.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Actually it is that realistic, one the pieces of equipment you can fabricate allows you to reprocess urine into drinkable water.

It's not a perpetual motion machine, you'll always get less back than you drank initially, but it's extremely useful in emergencies.

PS, you can get into the Aurora, but be warned, there be dragons.

3. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Very pleased to see bit-Tech giving the spot light to Subnautica, well deserved and long overdue! I didn't know the writer for this also did the swapper, very pleasing news as the swapper had a very softly and subtly told story that fit it perfectly.

For me, Subnautica falls into my top 3 (the other 2 being Kerbal Space Program & Invisible Inc) of Early Access success stories for a quality game.

I can't wait to see what the devs will add to Subnautica over the time between now and official release, thus far the updates have been fairly regular and more importantly meaningful.

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I just wish it was MP. They have talked about it, but apparently its a SHEDLOAD of work and will take a few years to implement.

5. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Yeah, one part of me thinks it would be cool to have MP, especially for exploring the deadly, deep and dark places!

On the other hand, that isolated 'i'm the only other person here' bit plays quite well into the survival experience of this game, I wonder if MP might diminish that?

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

7. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

My problem with the game is I can only grab like 30mins at a time to game, and so far my two attempts at starting the game have resulted in me spending 30mins randomly swimming and collecting 'stuff' but without a real clue as to what I should be doing or focussing on.

It feels like stumbling upon Minecraft back in the day and not knowing how to survive the first night.

Anyone know of a 'How to survive the first hours of gameplay' guide?

8. IamSoulRider

IamSoulRider Minimodder

I generally agree with the review, apart from one slight issue:

"In addition, while in general performance was fine, when venturing into a new area for the first time, the terrain generation absolutely murdered the frame rate, and continued to do so until you cease moving forward."

There is no terrain generation. This is a 100% handcrafted world. Most of those issues should be cleared though when they finish removing the terraforming from the game, as this causes most of the loading issues etc.

Tags: Add Tags