1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 3 Feb 2017.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Just want to flag up what I assume is a typo:

3. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

I liked the G900 while I had it but I ended up keeping the G403 wireless. Both very light, fast and comfortable mice. I didn't use the right side buttons on the G900, and I don't switch DPI on the fly either, so the additional features weren't particularly useful to me. I also prefered the more understated and streamlined aesthetics of the 403. Probably the only thing I'll miss from the G900 is the infinite scroll. Either way I don't think I'll be going back to wired.

The G900 was going for £75 during sales, still some good deals on amazon warehouse but their condition is a bit hit-and-miss in my experience.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I wonder if they have realised that using that G logo looks like it was made by Gigabyte?

Never paying that for a mouse ever again. They're all the same, break within a year or so.

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

You must have bought the wrong mice then. Currently using a Mionix 7000 bought almost exactly two years ago. It replaced my trusty Logitech MX518. And that one is still working, I just felt that €40 including shipping from the U.S. to Germany for the Mionix was too good a deal to pass up.

What I do need is a mouse pad that'll last longer than two years without going all shiny in spots.

6. Vault-Tec

I've been through pretty much every expensive mouse money can buy. Never had a Mionix, though. I am an avid reader (I prefer it to Youtube) so do a lot of reading throughout the day. Most of that is build logs, so I am constantly hammering the scroll wheel. And that is what always goes. Well, apart from the three Razer mice I had that failed on the switches. But yeah, even a £130 retail Steelseries lasted four months then died.

Thankfully I got one of those cheap FUNC mice recently and it's holding out well. It has scroll buttons that jump which is perfect for reading build logs (skipping through what you've seen to get to the new !).

BTW with regards to shiny mouse pads.. I only ever get that when the skid feet on the mouse have gone and the plastic starts to wear down. The skid pads (white things) do need replacing if the mouse lasts long enough so I would have a look at the mouse.

You may also be surprised to find that some of those shiny areas may be compacted hand oils and so on. They are quite hard to shift, but I use windolene with vinegar. It's better than Isoprop because it does not cause any fracturing to plastic and smells quite nice too :)

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I think I'll stick with the 500.

Although, that's not without it's faults. Especially the left click, that was a nause of a repair.

8. Cr@1g

Cr@1g What's a Dremel?

I'm looking online and it's £82.99 at John Lewis of all places.

9. Wwhat

Wwhat Minimodder

I don't get buttons above the scrollwheel. I find those buttons impossible to operate, it takes such an effort that you might as well use a keyboard and have it easier. And I especially don't see how you can quickly change DPI with them in game, because you not only have to do an annoying move but you lose your grip and ability to react while doing it.
    Those little buttons next to the leftclick some mice have seem more practical, although I never tried one of those.

10. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

That was my dry way of saying "golly gosh that's an expensive mouse", but you're not wrong. Amazon and PC World as well. PC World even reckon's that's only discounted by £20 off RRP, and it's not like PC World to miss out on a deep discount from an over-inflated price!

11. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

£120 for a mouse.
    Hahahahahahahahaha.

12. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Had a Mionix Saiph for the last 3 and a half years.
    Not skipped a click so far.
    http://gamingweapons.com/mionix-saiph-3200-review/

13. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

you don't use the tips of your fingers to press them, more like the bit just under your knuckles (not even sure what that is called).

Oh, and the price for this mouse seems to bounce around quite a lot, OcUK is really easy for us to use though as they stock most items, so we don't have to spend ages looking for a price ;)

14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Another interesting mouse that I cannot use. When is one of the major mouse manufacturers going to make a vertical mouse, like my Evoluent, using gaming oriented components and design? I miss my old Func MS-3 with it's precision and razor sharp response but, using a conventional horizontal mouse is painful now.

15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Thank you very much. :thumb:

16. Wwhat

Wwhat Minimodder

When I had a mouse with buttons there using other parts of my finger proved to be even more cumbersome. But I guess it might differ depending on the size of your hand and the mouse, and the design of your fingers too. But for me if I designed a mouse I'd reject that spot as a place to put buttons.

17. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

The side buttons next to the left click are incredibly useful.
    Use, reload, back and forward on documents web pages etc
    Wouldn't leave home without them.

18. el_raberto

el_raberto What's a Dremel?

O.K. if you really need all that it offers then go for it but my 3 or 4 year old Cooler Master Storm Inferno, about £50 at the time is still working faultlessly. If I need to replace it I'll not be spending more than another £50.

19. Vault-Tec

They are below on the FUNC. Like, below the scroll wheel. I have pretty thin fingers so accessing them with my finger tips isn't too hard :)

20. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide What's a Dremel?

can an ambidextrous mouse be more comfortable than a specifically right handed one? I know it would depend on how you grip your mouse, but i'd be interested in knowing how would something like the chaos compare to the mionix 7000, which was championed by bit for being extremely comfortable.

Tags: Add Tags