1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Call of Cthulhu Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 8 Feb 2017.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Maybe, just maybe, this will be the first decent game based on one of the best and most influential writers in supernatural horror. And I do think it could be a blessing in disguise to lean more heavily towards detective story aspects rather than trying to scare people with alien/ghost/monster characters as described, or rather hardly described as was his custom, by Lovecraft.

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Hopefully, the voice actors mentioned in the review are just placeholders for actors that can do justice to the game's theme.

4. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

It still amazes me that developers can spend huge amounts on creating a game but think they can get away with skimping on the voice acting. Yeah I'm looking at you Bethesda.

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Who are the project managers making the decisions? They're programmers, visual artists. They made their careers in graphics, whereas voice actors are just hired help. Voice actors don't become managers who make decisions on how to allocate resources.

Tags: Add Tags