1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard announces StarCraft Remastered

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 27 Mar 2017.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Stelph

Stelph Minimodder

Itd be nice to see the original on a mobile platform like an iPad - although getting an RTS to work well on a touchscreen is quite challenging

3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Nice...another release without any creativity behind it. Seems to be all the rage recently to just re-release old-ish games made pretty for (way too often) full price.

4. somidiot

somidiot Minimodder

I've actually wanted to see this game visually updated. Although the classic is still fun to play.

5. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Do this with Diablo 2 please Blizzard.

6. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

If only this was for Diablo 2 and there has been discussion in the past. The main issue fans have come up with is ratings. If they where to stick with the original design then the 4k version would have a 18 rating and if they made a more modest version a vocal group of the fans would be outraged. Personally I would be happy if they did remaster either way but also included pvp restriction that both parties have to agree and thereby remove the entire Hardcore tppk scene.

Sent from Bittech Android app

7. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

While I love the fact that SC is getting a HD redux... D2 would be absolutely awesome in a redux. There are so many different character builds available with D2 versus D3. You get locked in more with D2, but that was the spirit of the game. Each build was a lot more tailored than D3. You picked your path and you lived with it. D3 allows too much respec of skills. You screw up, with a change of gear and stats you can pretty much reset you character. I want to relive the days when I could either go for a poison/bone spear necromancer or a summoner. A trap-assassin or a ranged one. A shouting barbarian, or one that throws axes or spears.

8. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

Did everyone miss the D1 remake event ??

9. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Actually I played part of the seasonal quest event with the pixelated version of D1 style. I got sidetracked by a steam sale on Fallout4 so I never finished it. It was interesting, but somehow just didn't feel enough like D1 to keep me involved to the end. But again, I blame Fallout4 from keeping me engaged with it.

10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

No, but it was just D3 mechanics with ugly and D1-ish graphics on top. It was a nice tip of the hat to "the old guard" but something very different from a "proper" remake of D1.