1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Computex 2017 - Day 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 5 Jun 2017.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Those InWin cases are absolutely gorgeous :thumb:

Are they proto's or pre production?

3. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Those wooden bits on the InWin cases are lovely. Oh, and Thermaltake are going a bit all-in on RGB LEDs, are they not?

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

806 is production spec
    Mini-ITX case is a prototype.

Guest-56605 likes this.
  5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I would love to know what the conversations inside Inwin were like when they decided to stop exclusively selling stamped steel value cases and make some of the nicest looking cases on the market.

So it's a few years ago now, but it must have been fun.

6. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

I do really like the In Win stuff... although I am not too sure on the orb! Still, at least it is different!

7. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

With all my powers, I will combine all the RGB's, to create a glorious illumination. One light to rule them all...it's so bright and pure - white even, but brighter than DAZ. oh noes, it looks like an apple product :(

8. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Love the wood. It's nice to see "coachbuilt" cases catching on. Like the cars of that era, We could see some true classics appear.
    I'm looking forward to something in die-cast aluminum with enamel inlays and wood/leather.

9. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

All this love for the wood can only mean one thing.

Computex 2019: The Year of the Wood

10. IamSoulRider

IamSoulRider Minimodder

I have never been interested in a mini-itx build until I saw that InWin case. Please let them actually make it....

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We've run out of things to RGB + Tempered glass, so 2018 will be all about adding wood.
    2019 will be carbon fiber and we're full circle back to 2000 all over again.

12. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Well, that InWin mITX has it all: Wood panel? Check. Tempered glass? Check. RGB LEDs? Check. Surely the shape of things to come :D

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

The ITX case has gotten a lot of attention on other forums I frequent. The guys have been talking about taking off the top and replacing it with <insert very expensive wood here> burning it, staining it, doing it like a guitar etc etc.

I think Inwin should deffo push that one forward and get it into production :)

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Big ask: Can you send me links, I can send the feedback direct to In Win. They are always keen to know, but I'm not sure if they have the resource to monitor these places.

15. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

The 806 is very tempting. Might be my first non Lian-li case in 15 years (only had 2 in that time mind!)

16. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Thanks for that Rich, much appreciated :thumb: :)

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

IMO it fixes a lot wrong with the 805 but didn't go far enough:
    1) It needs to get rid of the tacky In Win logo on the inside, or at least make it optional/removable somehow
    2) Provide a cover for the PSU area cables. I didn't check if they made a hole in the base for PSU air venting now but that was a big miss on the 805 as well.
    3) The gap behind the motherboard tray was barely wide enough to fit cables behind. It needed atl east an extra ~2cm in there and better cable routing for the IO in the front.

18. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

In Win have done the impossible with those wood finished cases!

They've made a case that will go nicely with poo brown Noctua fans. :)

19. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

TBH I didn't like the ITX one much, the shape and all that didn't work for me, the wood looked more like an afterthought. But the ATX one was simply beautiful, the shape is one of my favourites and really showed off the wood perfectly.

20. Wwhat

Wwhat Minimodder

I had pretty good experiences with Sharkoon, they make cheap stuff but stuff that still works as intended and in my experience of pretty decent quality.
    I've had products that cost much much more that were of lower quality and had annoying flaws and failings.

I do often read about niggles and critiques in reviews, but that paints a different picture than I had so far and I feel there is a tendency to give the more expensive brands more leeway in reviews.

Tags: Add Tags