1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Corsair's majority shares acquired by EagleTree Capital

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 27 Jul 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Jul 2017
  2. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

Absolutely everything i have bought from Corsair, (over the years) has been of exceptional quality.
    Long may it continue.

3. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I used to swear by Corsair RAM... it was the only stuff I would buy. I loved my Corsair DDR Pro RAM (the ones with the LED ranks on the top showing RAM usage) - they were amazing. I had a couple of bad sets in a row of DDR3, which put me off; now I just buy whatever is cheapest that fits my requirements. Used to like their PSUs... had superb warranty support from Corsair when a PSU went pop about after about four years of use, but of 30 PSUs (of varying models) I purchased at work, 6 failed within a year. Not my money, but the downtime was a colossal pain because I could never convince admin that keeping emergency spares was sound strategy. I still have a working first-gen H70, and an H110i that is an absolute trooper, but I had an H90 turn up DOA, its replacement had the pump die inside two months and I flat out returned the third one without opening it for a refund and went back to air cooling since I finally realised I could fit a Noctua D15 in the case after all.

I used to really like Corsair - I would go out of my way to buy their kit, which is a rarity for someone with usually no brand loyalty whatsoever - but I can't help but feel that their overall quality has... become inconsistent in the last few years.

4. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

After having two RM series PSU's pop within weeks (both client builds), one H100 die in minutes and a H100i DOA - I'd go so far as to say their products suck and their quality of product and quality control is non existent in recent years.

Last edited by a moderator: 1 Aug 2017
  5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I won't be buying Corsair any more - the whole "reduce quality and add RGB" trip they are on has killed their credibility IMO.

Tags: Add Tags