1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News IO Interactive signs Hitman deal with Warner Bros.

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 5 Apr 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

While I am pleased IO have managed to find a publisher to to make a deal with (securing a season 2 for the excellent hitman reboot) I do wish it was not with Warner Bros. I mean it's better than EA or Ubisoft but damn...

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

There's no guarantee there: the deal's about publishing and distributing Season One, and while it gives IOI a wodge of cash it may not be enough to develop a Season Two (even allowing for it reusing Season One assets and thus being easier and cheaper to throw out of the door.)

4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Yeah but why would WB bother if not for the potential in season 2? Unless it's discounted I can see the 'definitive edition' being a huge financial hit for them.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Why? The big cost is in development (and promotional activity, I'll grant you) and that's already done. All WB has to do is press discs and send 'em to shops. They'll be making money hand over gland, I'm telling you.

6. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Micro-transactions incoming. Purchase a contract to instantly kill a guard you're looking at, our trained ninjas will come along instantly to take money from your wallet kill your problem guard because you're too lazy to play the game your time is limited.

Tags: Add Tags