1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve announces Steam Windows XP, Vista sunset plan

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 14 Jun 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

So what happens to games that only run on XP and/or Vista, I'm guessing there must be some of those, are they going to be removed from the store.

3. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

GOG

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Connect the nostalgia build to the internet before the deadline, download them all, disconnect nostalgia build from internet again and you won't get any updates removing compatibility.

As for steam removing them from sale, forget it, they allow this to remain up:

So forget the idea that Valve has a list of affected games.

5. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

There have also been cases of literally unusable games for sale in the past.

I remember the Atari-stripmine MMO Asteroids: Outpost was still being sold for about a year after the servers shut down, rendering it completely inoperable. (Atari got flipped again, and I think the company that wound up owning the brand didn't realize the game even existed in the wild.)

I don't know why it came down, so I can't say if Steam killed the game or Neo Atari 2 Turbo finally realized they had a problem and voluntarily delisted it.

Tags: Add Tags