1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sega warns of Shenmue remaster 30Hz lock

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 5 Jul 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Wow half arsed doesn't even begin to describe it.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Such a strange decision to port a port of the game that's universally panned for having graphical issues, instead of the original. I know there were things the Xbox version did better, but they'd already had to make the Dreamcast version of Shenmue I do the Shiny New Stuff - couldn't have been that hard to do the same for the Dreamcast version of Shenmue II, surely?

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I would assume that somehow the source code of Shenmue 2 Dreamcast is missing or was damaged/destroyed, like what happened with Homeworld: Cataclysm.

Alternatively Sega is being Japanese, it wouldn't surprise me if one of the people in charge of this worked on the Xbox version, thus the Xbox version is being remastered because it's his baby.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I doubt it because Sega not too long ago raised the bar for the amount of work put into remasters with Yakuza Kiwami, so I'll go with the first option, the code has gone walkies.

(someone probably deleted it when Sega stopped making consoles under the assumption that keeping the Xbox version around was enough)

6. DrTiCool

DrTiCool Minimodder

I don't get that fuzz about this remasters.
    Shenmue wasn't that great, it was over hyped and gameplay was sometimes boring (remember that forklift job?).
    Finished the game twice then exchanged for Jet Grind Radio, oh boy, that was Sega's masterpiece.
    Shenmue is just too tied with the nostalgia of ill-fated Dreamcast.

7. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

Kind of how I feel about on about FFX, other than blitzball the game wasn't that great at all, story was soppy and lame, gameplay was boring and on the whole felt incomplete with massive amounts of grind to fill in the void.

Tags: Add Tags