1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Corsair 1000D Mega-Build Update 3: Break It Down (Video)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 10 Aug 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

Last edited by a moderator: 5 Sep 2018
  2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

At what point does it stop being a mod and start being a new custom build with 2 or 3 salvaged panels from a 1000D?

Also, can I have that motherboard tray cut into mITX size? I have this idea for a fully passive mITX Ryzen HTPC in silver that I'd love to afford to do one day.

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

If it's going to weigh 200+ pounds with parts inside, I think rivets are the only shipping-friendly option. They aren't made for freaks like us, Alex. You're supposed to throw a system in and be done.
    32 degrees: I recently told Bill that I need to hose the mower down with water to get it to restart in Summer. 32c is common year-round here. -I won't say I like that... :lol:

4. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

About the time when the definition of a mod changed to “I used a stock case” I think.

Unfortunately that motherboard tray went to the recyclers a while back, have you considered just making a motherboard tray for it? We have an article on the subject and I went and prepared downloadable CAD files, including ITX, so that you can do it with minimal fuss.

5. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Haha I think “freaks like us” is the most apt way of putting it. That said, cases like the TJ11 are screwed together, same deal with other alu cases from LianLi etc. Since we’re talking a similar price bracket here, I feel like it’s fair game to expect a little more on that front. At the very least you can expect folks to want to be able to remove parts to make things easier to install and so on. Would have been awesome to see a mobo tray on casters that slides out of the back like on a caselabs for instance, we’ve got casters in the design already after all...

Man I’m so glad the heat has buggered off lol. Everything just runs so much better in 22C vs 32C, I’m sure the neighbours also appreciate me not leaving the workshop doors open while things are whizzing away too.

6. loftie

loftie Multimodder

:eek: You MONSTER!

Keep it up :p

7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Drat! Stupid autocorrect.
    Joking. You are a saint.

8. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

Not a very big case that.

The_Crapman likes this.
  9. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

One thing I think would not only look cool (never seen it done on a case mod) and would also hold it together well would be locking-wire.

10. FeeNiX_Rising

FeeNiX_Rising What's a Dremel?

I'm new to case modding. Your video didn't show much about removing the front glass panel. Can you shed any light on how it is connected to the rest of the case?

I was hoping to remove the glass piece and put in a custom acrylic panel with LED backing, are there any issues you can think of, off the top of your head, that I should be aware of? Thank you for your time.

Tags: Add Tags