1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Battlefield V Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 27 Nov 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I actually laughed out loud, when I thought you did a one line review.

Strictly Come Battling :hehe:

3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Funny that when there was a huge gap between BF1942 and BF2, a good game came out of it. Same with the span between BF2 and BF3... Developers need to stop treating every franchise likes its Madden or Fifa.

4. DbD

DbD Minimodder

If Madden or Fifa made less money they might, but for a company they are the easy cash cows - people buy them every year full price despite hardly anything changing. It's no surprise companies spend a lot of time attempting to export that formula to every other gaming license they possess.

5. Ream

Ream What's a Dremel?

I thought Battlefield was every two years, now you have likened it to bad weekend TV you've put me off it. Thanks.

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Who wants to bet that preorders for the next grey brown EA shooter will start before this one is complete?

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Somehow I am about as excited for BF5 as I was for Hardline, which is to say not at all. It looks well made enough, but the pricing structure and the lack of a real jump in gameplay since BF3 has me turned off the series.
    Except that gap (three years) contained Secret Weapons of World War 2 and Battlefield: Vietnam, then between BF2 and and BF3 they released BF2: Modern Combat on consoles (it was brilliant and also totally ripped off by Call of Duty 4), Bad Company, Mirror's Edge, Battlefield 1943, Battlefield Heroes, Battlefield Play 4 Free and Bad Company 2.

EA have always run DICE like an aging cart horse with too many whip scars on it's arse.

With a Star Wars Battlefront in the gap between, so DICE are doing annual releases.

8. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

The collector's edition of Battlefield V comes with an exclusive code that lets you preorder Battlefield Σ before everyone else.
    But if you subscribe to Origin Access Iridium, you can play the Battlefield Σ beta right now.

And the worst part is you can't tell if I'm joking.

9. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

The game is actually excellent, by the way. Lots of comment here by people who obviously haven't played it. No surprises there. I'm amazed there's been no mention of the various game modes in the review - Grand Operations, for example, which takes places over a three day period, with each day being effected by the actions of the previous.

10. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I was not going to pay £54.99 for the base game. I decided to give the origin premier a go for £14.99. I have not played much battlefield V to be honest. I have been playing a few other games on there, but ultimatly, I went back to overwatch. Dice have lost the plot, although the game looks amazing, it isnt good anymore, bring back bad company 2

maxlxyd likes this.
  11. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

There are spelling errors in the menus and the title screen has the same pop in bug as the rest of the game (Surprise Panzer IV!). It also has one quarter of the single player and two of the multiplayer modes greyed out. Between the pop in and myriad clipping issues it reminded me very much of BF4's early days.

You and I have markedly different expectations for excellence, luckily Origin gave me a refund, so EA can get it right some of the time.

12. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

A game (by which I mean it's gameplay - how much FUN it is) can be excellent and still have bugs. Is it ideal? No. Battlefield 5 has a ton of bugs - they're annoying for sure - but it doesn't mean the game is fundamentally rubbish.

13. Intron

Intron What's a Dremel?

Bugs wise ive not hit any other than a Duplication in weapon unlocks. BF V is a game with promise for me. Its a very solid ground to build on and i think that is what they are aiming with Tides of war. Now that its started and added already new weapons, gear unlocks maps and other fixes i think its worth a second look. I didn't pay retail for it as it was slashed in price on offer days after go live. But multiplayer ive had enough fun to now own it on PC and PS4. Granted it is NOT to every ones liking but that's to be expected. the TTK is much smaller than previous titles and the lack of spotting is a big departure from a staple part of battlefield people are used to. Also single player while its certainly visually stunning they suffer exactly the problem they have since BF3 the writing is a little clunky but the AI is terrible at best.

Its a very much Marmite type of game right now. But Who knows how tides of war will fare with content and enhancements to it.

Tags: Add Tags