1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Features Battlefield V Mod feat. Nvidia: Part 1 - Making the Ammo Crate

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 24 Jan 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Should'a built a loot box, instead.

EDIT:

Then asked Nvidia to pay to open it.

Guest-56605 and MLyons like this.
  3. DbD

DbD Minimodder

If IKEA did PC cases...

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

And filled it with AMD parts.

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Lovely music choice. It made the irony even stronger. You even whipped the fancy chisel set out, (Seriously, my chisels look like they survived a fire. :p) The entire buildup to the spoon was brilliant, and I have to confess to a spit-take.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Nah, 76% chance of it containing a rehoused Sinclair ZX81 motherboard, 20% chance of Texas Instruments 486-DX4 100, 3.999% chance of entry-level Ryzen, 0.001% chance of top-end gaming hardware.

Try your luck now! Only £49.99 per key! IT'S NOT GAMBLING, HONEST!

7. IamSoulRider

IamSoulRider Minimodder

And buying packs of football stickers when you don't know what stickers you are going to get, one from a list, and you don't know how many foil stickers you will get, if there are any duplicates in the pack, or even if you already have any of them.

Try your luck now, only £1 per pack. It's not gambling, honest!!

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You're absolutely right: both loot crates and CCG/stickers are a form of gambling aimed at children. However, only one of them comes with flashy one-armed-bandit animations, exhortations to try again immediately, and allows for infinite retries while it quietly drains your parent's credit card.

Oh, that wasn't the point you were trying to make? My bad.

9. IamSoulRider

IamSoulRider Minimodder

I don't think you can say that loot crates are aimed at children, after all, Battlefield V is an 18 rated game. They are aimed at the players of the game, if parents all around the world choose to ignore game ratings and let their kids play the games, who is at fault really?

My point was our society is built on gambling, you can't have an event without a load of gambling going on, so good luck protecting the children. Personally, I would ban all gambling, including lotteries and raffles, but that's me.

10. Gareth Halfacree

Battlefield V is an 18-rated game, but Battlefield V is not the only game to feature loot boxes.

11. IamSoulRider

IamSoulRider Minimodder

True, but if you really think loot boxes are at aimed at children, so they run up unauthorised bills on their parents cards, then I guess you don't understand the negative effects a business suffers when chargebacks start piling up?

The actual target of lootboxes are whales, people with an excess of money who are prepared to throw it at the game. People with low incomes and children who cause chargebacks are genuinely not the targets of these loot boxes, they may be caught up in the cross fire, but don't mix a correlation with causation when thinking about why loot boxes exist.

It turns out it's hard to make something to attract whales to spend on your game that doesn't also attract others.

Last edited: 21 Feb 2019
    Gareth Halfacree likes this.
Tags: Add Tags