1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews The 10 Best Immersive Sims Ever

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 26 Apr 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Can't argue with anything on that list really except Hitman, that franchise has just never resonated with me, I don't mind limited stealth sections in games but not games built entirely around the mechanics of it, just too much trial & error, rinse & repeat, for my tastes.

I'm glad Prey is on there, I played through it for the first time a couple of months ago and came very close to giving up early on, so tough I found it, but I stuck with it and so glad I did. Once you start playing the game in the manner it was intended, it just suddenly clicked and the resource management no longer tested my patience. I also wholeheartedly agree with the top choice, Dishonored 1 & 2. Loved playing them both. I'm sure there are ways of defeating the levels that will never occur to me, no matter how many times I play through them.

3. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

No Carnivores 2? I'm out.

4. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

"Immersive sim"? I've been gaming for a long time, but that's the first i've ever heard a 1st or 3rd person action game be described as a "sim"...

Also, Bioshock was pants, always has been, always will be. It seems to get a free pass because of it's aesthetic and design, but from a pure-gameplay front, it was crap. (my opinion, of course)

edzieba likes this.
  5. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Yeah, I'd have though an 'immersive sim' would be a sim game with diegetic presentation (e.g. Steel Batallion, or Wolfpack) as opposed to a 'disembodied sim' like Civilisation or Command & Conquer.

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

The common thread among the games listed (only exception being Hitman which is basically a Sandbox) seems to be... decent games that are more intelligent than the average CoD or Anthem?

So pretty much any decent game could have qualified?

7. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

I tried Prey for a couple of hours but there was nothing that made me want to continue unfortunately. Could not be bothered with being suspicious of every inanimate object!

Tags: Add Tags