1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Rage 2 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 15 May 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Shouldn't it be an extreme negative that any one weapon is so much more fun to use than the rest in what is essentially Gun Collection Simulator 2019 (as the world and story are pants)?
    Because once you have one stand out weapon you've got no reason to attempt obtaining others?

3. Bitten

Bitten What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the well-written review, as usual.

I can usually abide poor level design, cheap graphics, awful story, and even clunky movement (eg Borderlands and many others) if there is good combat and a "save game" feature. Then I can enjoy what the game does offer on my own terms. Rage 1, bad as it was, had save game. I wonder if they managed to keep that.

4. RickLane

RickLane Staff Lover of bit-tech

That's not what I said. The shotgun isn't more fun to use than all the other weapons, it's just became my "default" i.e. the one I tended to start combat with, as it's multiple fire-modes make it a good all-rounder.

Often, however, I would find that it wasn't suited to that fight, so would switch to a different weapon depending on the circumstance. For example. armoured enemies are very resistent to shotgun fire, so you're better off using the rocket launcher, grav-dart gun, or even the assault rifle to chip away at their armour plates.

Yes it has manual save, and also saves frequently on its own. Worth noting that the game is quite easy on standard difficulty, so would recommend starting on hard and see how you find it (you can change at any time).

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

This is one of the most true statements ever to be included in a game review. So far I do enjoy the game, though movement is a bit too slow for me. But this whole opening scene was a) cringe-worthy to the limit and b) too long while not really giving me any feelings towards the characters or story other than a "Meh. Well, that's one thing less to follow in this game, the story".

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

No worries then, my bad for taking that "default" part as "at the expense of other weapons".

7. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

was expecting more from this game, the start of the game is just go a to b and be bored watching poorly made cut scene after cut scene . gets some what better as it goes on but defo not worth the full price tag

8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

The starting sequence is so bad, I just can't believe it made it into the game at all. The fighting is a lot of fun, though.

Tags: Add Tags