1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sir Jony Ive announces his departure from Apple

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 28 Jun 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

After running out of ports to remove, he ultimately disappeared up his own port.

Last edited: 28 Jun 2019
    MLyons, Mister_Tad and Cheapskate like this.
  3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Clearly there was a battle of ideologies going on over the Mac Pro and Jonny 'solder all the things together' Ive has lost the argument.

Maybe the next supreme bean can beef of Macbook cooling and keyboards a little?

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

IIRC the guy technically replacing Ive at apple [given apple aren't officially replacing ive and are instead outsouring **** to his new company... for now], is the 'make it work' to Ive's 'make it pretty'.

If it's the guy i'm thinking of he's the guy with the task of taking ive's designs and making a workable end product.

So he's the one who soldered everything dowm, because ive handed him a design and went 'make everything fit in there'.

...i think he's also the guy responsible for the Apple Watch. And like **** can i remember his name.

5. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

In all fairness, Ive only exerted as much influence as he did because by most accounts he thought like Steve Jobs did. Now that Jobs is gone, Ive is wielding less influence because he's either not in tune with, or even working at cross purposes to, Cook.

And I think it bears remembering that Jobs wanted unexpandable, unupgradable computers as early as the Apple II(Wozniak, the good Steve, told him no). He was first SUCCESSFUL at this mistake with the original Macintosh, over the objection of everyone else on the team (that he took over after the Lisa team kicked him out).
    I'm also pretty sure the G4 Cube wasn't created to satisfy Ive's fanless computer fetish(in fact, I assume an art guy would do his best to avoid the giant ugly screen-door hole the Cube had). But it wouldn't be the first computer Jobs ruled over that had an overheating problem caused by lack of fans(Apple III).

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

The man best remembered for the carpal tunnel puck attached to a gumdrop, the paper shredder, the bar of soap, the trash can, the cheese grater, and the glass sex toy speakers.
    There, I said it.

7. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

8. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

9. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

He really does need to stay out of the kitchen utensil sector, he just doesn't have the knack for it.

jb0 likes this.
  10. Cheapskate

That video... He could've just done a quick pump 'n' dump with a 1/2" ball end mill.

11. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

A direct plunged 1/2" ball-end mill in a flimsy (relatively) CNC router like that? Only if you like your chatter with a side order of chatter and a generous slathering of chatter.

12. Cheapskate

Yeah, his mill is lacking. I just wanted to use 'pump and dump' in a sentence.

Tags: Add Tags