1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Super Gaming X Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 9 Jul 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

£450?! Who do you think you are, MSI? Asus??

3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yikes

4. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Ever since the Nvidia 10xx series came along MSI have gone absolutely mental with their pricing. Shame really, they used to be a premium brand with sensible prices but I'm guessing a decision was made at the company to shift their brand into Asus territory, presumably chasing the same sort of margins.

5. wardogz

wardogz What's a Dremel?

Waay overpriced, tbh, i'm waiting on AMD's 5700 custom cooled cards, and if the prices are around £350, that's where i'll likely be heading.

6. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

A totally bonkers price, especially when you compare it to the Gigabyte Gaming OC version which boosts to 1815 out of the box and is selling for £395

It's in the same price range now as EVGA. A few years ago this would have been because EVGA had worked wizardry on the cards. Now even they are charging premium prices for naff all extra, it's a shame but as others have said, Asus get away with it.

MLyons likes this.
  7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I just came here after seeing the same Gigabyte card, bonkers really. However, even with a out of the box boost clock of 1815mhz, will you really see it boost much past the 1935 this card got while gaming? Another site who were able to add a bit of voltage to the MSI card got it to ~2010mhz, which realistically wont make a noticeable difference. It is a cut down RTX 2070 with a minute clock bump, so i wouldn't expect them to get any higher.

They're not quite 2070's for not quite 2070 prices. Just another rung in the ladder of the price performance scale where we never win, we just pay for the amount of performance we can afford. The Navi cards might just be taking a saw to the first few rungs of the ladder, but till we see the pricing of the AIB cards, we just don't know.

Tags: Add Tags