1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition UK Competition: Win a 165Hz G-Sync, curved AOC gaming monitor!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 29 Jul 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Excluding those that haven't drunk the kool-aid given their data away to the anti-social media giants?

Looks like I am not eligible, good luck to those that are.

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I'm in the same boat but, my 32 incher doesn't need replacing...:naughty:

4. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Not at all. I just tested it. You need only give a name and a valid email address to Gleam, which is bound by GDPR (even we only see details once a winner is selected). After that, you are eligible for 8 out of the 13 possible tokens since you just need to visit the Facebook/Instagram/YouTube pages and the homepage. You don't need to be logged in for Facebook/Instagram for it to work (also tested), which also unlocks the homepage button. I assume the same is true for YouTube, but I stayed logged in for that. So it's only the Twitter one you miss out on. Good luck!

MLyons and The_Crapman like this.
  5. scuppy

scuppy Minimodder

Am I only person who can't see where to enter?

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Wouldn't show in Firefox for me.

7. scuppy

scuppy Minimodder

Thank you - any ideas why this is? I did disable adblocker just to see if it was that but chrome it will have to be for 5 minutes =(

8. adidan

No, no idea sorry - i had to go the chrome route too as i couldn't figure it out.

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm seeing the same problem in Firefox, but I think in my case it's 'cos Privacy Badger is blocking cookies from gleam.io.

Incidentally, I could technically enter this (if the form would display): the fine print only excludes employees, and I am very specifically not an employee. Loophole!

Dogbert666 likes this.
  10. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Using Chrome, get to the point of having the name and email text boxes, but see no "submit" button??

11. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Works fine using Opera 62.something

12. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

It's Firefox's "Content Blocking" feature. Click the little shield icon and click "Turn off blocking temporarily" - the page will reload and the competition will show.

13. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

"Please note parts of the entry form below may be written by a third party; the form does not necessarily reflect the opinions of bit-tech's editorial team."

"In order to contact you we need an email"

So who's "we"? Who wants our names and email?

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Had to turn off "content blocking" & tell Privacy Badger to take a nap to get entry link to show.
    All done now, so everything switched back on.

15. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Why not use a simple form like say, ooh hexus, for entry ? Nice giveaway, but I'm not on (and won't be registering for fb, insta etc.) ... good luck to those that do though .. I did visit the youtube page, but again no submit button for name/email. My question is, is this actually a bit-tech giveaway, or is it a third parties ?

16. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

As has been said earlier, you don't have to sign up for any of them (Except for the twitter entries).
    Above the entries list there are various options to provide your details, left most one only wants name and email.

17. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Gleam just has all the fine print and legal hullabaloo for competitions that are a pain handling yourself.

I don't like it either.

18. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

As the dev that was recently involved in making changes to the HEXUS one due to an angry email from facebook, no thanks. Gleam run a competition platform for a living. We don't. Makes sense to work to our strengths.

19. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

'In order to contact you we need an email' is not an opinion, it is a fact, and it is indeed reflected by the bit-tech editorial team. 'We' in this case, is Gleam, the business/platform through which this competition is run. As I have already pointed out, Gleam is bound by GDPR - even we only see your details once a winner is selected.

The opinion part of the form is the AG273QCG marketing babble that we've included as a small thank you to AOC, a thanks which I note no one else has yet offered. VipersWhatitude?

If you are not seeing the 'Save' button right above the 'Powered by Gleam' line at the bottom, then I reckon a privacy feature of some sort is preventing the iframe from fully loading. If you are seeing it, that's the Submit button you're after. And again... You can also get 8 valid entries (PER email, I might add), without registering for FB/Instagram/YouTube. Only Twitter requires a registration in order to tick off the 'Follow' action, which would get you the maximum entries per email, 13.

The parties involved in the giveaway are bit-tech, AOC, and Gleam (and thus potentially Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter). It is ONLY GLEAM that you NEED to submit any data to to enter. The winner will have their data shared with us so we can contact them for additional information which will be shared with AOC (and a shipping company) so that the prize may reach you.

20. adidan

If people have an issue (which is fair enough, each to their own), don't enter.

Tags: Add Tags