1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Guest-44638, 18 Sep 2019.

1. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: 6 Jun 2020
  2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Not a case guy, but phanteks?
    If you can't find a pump mount in a case stock, there's brackets that mount to radiators for pump/res combos.

Guest-44638 likes this.
  3. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Fractal Design’s Define R6 is REALLY easy for watercooling!

4. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

Raidmax alpha series for an aged case that's got space and is pretty cheap

5. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

The P600S and Evolv X from Phanteks have mounting points for pump / res combos

6. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

Drive bay reservoirs save space and no need for brackets. I am currently using two koolance rp-452x2 reservoirs in my case, one for each loop.

Just another option :thumb:

7. delevic

delevic What's a Dremel?

+1

8. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

Honestly Jeff, not very much. Under *extreme* conditions, a thicker radiator with good static pressure fans will be able to dissipate more heat than a thin radiator, but that's with fans at full blast and LOTS of heat in the loop. Now if you run a loop you know is 'undersized' in terms of rad space, like running a dual GPU + CPU on a single 360 radiator, that thickness would matter more. Under normal conditions, in a 'properly' sized loop, the difference is minimal.

Also if you're still case hunting, I have a recommendation, but I feel weird saying that since I don't have the case yet, LOL. I've been doing some research on a new case too and have been water cooling for years. I just ordered the Lian-Li O11 Dynamic XL, in white. It's a rare gem, as far as I can tell. It's not overpriced, it can hold three 360 radiators at once, the layout is genius, cable management system is genius, has 4 hot swap SATA bays for 3.5" and/or 2.5" drives, and it's sexy AF. :D Anyone who watches custom builds on YouTube is probably sick and tired of seeing that case, but you can't beat the functionality at that price point.