1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft announces new Surface devices

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 3 Oct 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Luckily for Microsoft, Google have been working on adding dual-screen and folding-screen into base Android for around a year, and it is a supported feature in Android 10, in addition to the discrete multi-screen support android already incorporates.

3. monty-pup

monty-pup Minimodder

If the bezels disappear on the Neo then I might be tempted to give up my iPads

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Twin screen smartphones seem to be the new thing, I was looking at the Rog Phone second screen accessory, it's interesting but much prefer the idea of the seamless fold type device to have a tablet in my pocket, though I want it much thinner than these first gen devices.

5. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

meh im still rocking a surface pro4, was hoping the new one would be a worthy upgrade but naw i'll hold on till the next or till the batteries dies/starts bulging

the folding phone looks intresting but will prolly hold off and see if it gets any hinge issues in the first few months

6. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

That depends.
    For businesses: Good lord, offload anything that has exited its warranty and replace it. The headache is just not worth the (theoretical, unless something breaks OOW and you need to actually shell out cash) cost saving vs. the waste of time and effort wrangling old hardware and bodging software and peripheral incompatibility, and hinging your cybersecurity strategy on "hopefully nobody will ever possibly mount the most basic attack on us".
    For enthusiasts: Early replacement means higher resale value for older parts, and having the 'latest and greatest' has an intangible value of its own (hence 'enthusiast').
    For home users with 'family tech support': As much as we'd prefer they actually did keep to modern warranty-supported hardware, you know they're going to insist on running that PII machine right into the ground and then demand it's fixed rather than replace it.

Tags: Add Tags