1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 29 Oct 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Pleasantly surprised at the reviews this is getting.
    Will definitely pick up a copy when it doesn't cost the same as a small moon.
    Also, love the term 'cognitive dissonance'...great writing.

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I'l wait a couple of years and pick it up in the bargain bins (or the virtual equivalent). Not willing to pay full launch price for any CoD game - been disappointed too many times.

Rick, is the single player campaign longer than the usual three to five hours we're frequently lumped with (alongside and MP map pack)?

4. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Rick said around eight hours

David likes this.
  5. David

I must've missed that. Thanks Matt

6. Dogbert666

Ah, nah it wasn't in the review, I asked him personally as he doesn't tend to frequent these strange grounds...

David likes this.
  7. David

That explains why I spent the last five minutes failing to find it in the review! :lol:

8. Dogbert666

I feel it is my Call of Duty to mention that I'm having major issues playing this game. First play it was fine, a few laggy cutscenes, but whatever. Now, nothing has changed, but it's totally unplayable. Games lasts 5-10 mins before insta-crashing to desktop without warning. I thought it might be my ageing hardware (2500K Cheesecake), but it seems I am very much not alone, so proceed with caution.

9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I had this issue. I updated to the latest GPU drivers and it was fixed. Maybe worth a try?

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I didn't want it until I watched a gameplay video on YT almost by accident of the terrorist house in London.

I'm aware it's more 'murica f yeah but I kinda like that.

Thankfully I got it free, so roll on Monday/Tuesday.

11. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Call of Duty went full circle. That is actually kind of amazing. It has been the butt of jokes for many, many years. I never thought I'd see it full-circle BEFORE it had a break.

How much of that is them re-making a classic and how much of that is them taking a risk on actually making a "game" remains to be seen.

12. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I have barely played the multiplayer of this, and not even touched the single player aspect yet.

From what I have seen from videos and heard from people I know who have bought it, they are really happy with it apart from some stutter at the start of multiplayer matches which also happens to me and they also "Feel" some of the missions should not be in the game.

I am hoping they have not removed anything from the build they showed a few months ago that caused so much fake outrage, honestly I am hoping they have not caved to the demands of the SJW/Snowflake crowd.

I have not looked at any videos around the single player aspect and I have skipped reviews of it, because I want to go in to it as blind as possible.

In terms of the multiplayer though, for me I would say it reminds me of playing Battlefield but I will have to play more of it before I decide on it's fate.

13. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Sorry to semi-necro this thread but I just wanted to pass on my compliments on the written quality of this review. Very well crafted and articulate, with no pretention or faff or subculture-specific conceits or assumptions.

I'm so out of touch with Bit-Tech's editorial staff that I still occasionally ask "Where's Joe?", because his articles were what brought me here in the first place, but this one meets that bar.

Dogbert666 and MLyons like this.
  14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Thus far I have not been able to play this as much as I want to because it keeps crashing. I have logged on today to see a 12gb update, hopefully that will sort it. Easily one of the best looking games I've ever played, sadly briefly because of aforementioned crashing.

The London bit is nuts.

15. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

just got round to finishing the single player mode, rather enjoyed it tho i do understand why alot of people found some of the early parts of the game hard stomach.

as mutliplayer, its a campers paradise :(

Tags: Add Tags