1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve to unveil VR title, Half-Life: Alyx, later this week

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 19 Nov 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

As much as I want more half life I can't stand VR so I'm out

3. monty-pup

monty-pup Minimodder

Excited! Valves IP used for VR looks amazing - this could also be amazing - and could give us a sprinkling of examples for future titles they are working on

4. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

So a new Half-Life game but Valve still can't count to three... :rollingeyes:

5. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

But where's Ricochet 2?!?!?

monty-pup likes this.
  6. silk186

silk186 Derp

As much as I love HL, I don't have the spare funds for VR so I'm out.
    This could be a trial for a new direction for HL3. Valve hasn't produced anything in a while and I have high expectations.

7. Merglet

Merglet What's a Dremel?

Worthless to me. I'm farsighted, and NOT spending ridiculous amounts of money on VR equipment to play one game while having to wear reading glasses beneath the headset. VR isn't the future. We've been told it is for as long as some of my coworkers have been alive, and it still hasn't become even close to mainstream. It's niche. Valve should just spend some of their excess money on the resources to make another fantastic HL game. Unless no one actually visualized an ending to the story, in which case, just admit it on social media. "We won't touch Half-Life again, because we don't know how to end a story" Lots of people rip on Fallout 4, for example, but at least Bethesda *tried* to continue the story. And frankly I appreciated it. But after Episode 2 of HL2, I expected *something*.

8. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

I hope it crashes and burns.

Let's be real here, what was the last proper game that Valve developed from scratch? Portal 2?? They bought the developers of L4D and DOTA, and have proven time and again over the last decade they are only interested in milking customers for cash while putting minimal effort in.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I think companies lose sight of what made them tbh. Bethesda have gone down the same muddy hole also.

Failed controller, failed Steam Link and now a headset for VR. Must be nice having money to just throw away.

Oh, and a failed OS and lots of "Steam Boxes" too.

Tags: Add Tags