1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVs 37" FullHD 100Hz TV?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by perplekks45, 18 Oct 2009.

1. trig

trig god's little mistake

+1

read a few reviews that mention this and it apparently is a big deal in picture quality...

also, not sure if it is true, but read that lg uses samsung for it's panels...

2. Kyocera

Kyocera The Garden of Evil

The best TV sets are Panasonic Neo plasmas; for those of course that are ready to dish out some more money...
    Considering that Tv programs are everyday worse, we will soon deal even without TV (and go to cinema...)

3. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

As for 24p, no sets out there run at 24Hz. The thing to stay clear of sets that receive 24p input signal and then internally convert it to a 60Hz signal compatible with the panel using 3:2 pull down. The problem here is that it's not apparent which models and/or manufacturers take this route. The right way to do this is to multiply the 24p input signal, usually to something like 96Hz or even 120Hz. This makes proper conversion much easier.

Technically the best TV set you (still) can buy is a Pioneer KURO plasma. However, considering Pioneer stopped manufacturing new sets a while ago it's only a question of time before there's no stock left. THEN Panasonic will probably have the best sets out there.

The only real downside with Panasonic is their design team. Tell me how they manage to make these slim and sexy prototypes, yet when in full production you get these weird curved designs with silver stripes and whatnot. Still, if you can look past this they make some seriously good sets at very affordable prices. Hence my recommendation for the TX-42G10.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

But it's too big... :p

Thanks for all the input to all though. Too tired to give rep right now but'll do from work tomorrow. ;)

I speak German and English fluently or better, have a general knowledge of French that just has to be refreshed a bit and did 2 years of Spanish when I was 6/7. One of the main goals I set is to speak 5 languages fluently by the time I'm 50 [in 25 years].

I think it is very achievable.

5. trig

trig god's little mistake

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Actually your best bet is to snag a (rather) large Pioneer as quickly as possible.

It might be an arm and a leg, but it's miles better than any other HDTV out there. Back in '07 a 720p Pioneer Kuro Destroyed a 1080p Panasonic...

Get the picture?

7. Kyocera

Maybe you haven't seen their new flagship model, the Z series.
    http://www.electricpig.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/panasonic-z1.jpg
    Live it looks as taken from StarWars films with Harrison Ford as actor.

Pioneer had a simple timeless design; however their marketing had almost ruined the company.

Well, I have reached 6 languages till my 23rd year.

8. perplekks45

Well done but now you have to be killed. Sorry.

9. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

I have no idea where you got that from, but it's not true.

That was mentioned in the papers, but isn't actually true.
    That's also completely wrong. All Oxford offers are AAA at A level, while Cambridge will ask for specific marks in specific papers, and make you get AAAA if you're doing 4 A levels etc.

[/ot]

10. Kyocera

My knowledge is not completely "fresh", I admit. And things are changing; once Latin was a requirement for Oxford (for certain courses).
    Anyway, neither Oxford nor Cambridge were never of any interest to me.

11. perplekks45

Latin is [or at least should be] a requirement for law or medicine, yes. But that actually makes sense, doesn't it? :p