1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Asus introduces the ROG Chakram: a mouse with a difference

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 14 Jan 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Could be interesting for MMOs. Partial-keyboards like the G13 with a thumbstick work pretty well, but you can end up overloaded with keys and key-combos (usually need two modifiers to fit everything useful into a limited keypad) and movement at the same time. Moving the stick to the mouse frees up that thumb to handle more keys, and with movement being less of an issue (99% of which is "don't stand in the golwing circle") coupling it to the aiming hand is less of an issue.

3. Jimbob

Jimbob Minimodder

These are great for disabled gamers such as myself. I only have 1 arm so have to use a mouse that has all the buttons on it. Currently I use a combination of a Logitech G700 which lets me map it's extra buttons to keyboard commands and foot pedals.

It does take a lot of practice (especially the foot pedals) to override the years of "muscle memory".

adidan likes this.
  4. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

I only have 2 thumb buttons, and feel my thumb is underused, but didnt want the numbpad that a few mice have as it's quite cluttered.
    This is probably the best compromise, to get that extra functionality out of the underused thumb.
    Hopefully it catches on and everyone starts doing it.

5. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I have a Logitech Mx Master with two thumb buttons and an extra scroll wheel, can be useful but I have to remember that it is there :D

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

This looks interesting. Although how is having DPI changes on the bottom of the mouse "on the fly"? Having to pick up the thing and poke a button is hardly the same as a quick press of a button while still gaming (eg: Logitech G500 et al).

Battery life seems respectable, too.

7. Jangalit

Jangalit What's a Dremel?

It would be really good to save some movements in certain games

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Why are these things always so far forward? My thumb would never get near it, it should be placed under the thumb button that's farthest forward. Or is that just me?

9. Diletta Graziosi

Diletta Graziosi What's a Dremel?

i think it could be useful also in a editing situation, not just gaming

Tags: Add Tags