1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia officially launches GeForce Now

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 5 Feb 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

I've been mostly dismissive of cloud gaming, thinking "just buy some freakin hardware - i mean you can at least afford an xbox"
    however, this could be very handy for students on uni computers, kids in schools, council workers, even corporate workers - basically everyone who wants to game when they shouldn't be. And there's no shortage of unmotivated folks out there....
    I know, all you Halfacree die hards will tell me you can't start a sentence with 'and'.

3. destaids

destaids What's a Dremel?

Had a brief go on the Free version on our work connection (100/100) and it was pretty good. It didn't yet support RDR2 so I tried The Witcher 3, on the basis that it was a decently demanding title still. Settings were maxed. It dropped some frames in the first minute, and kept flashing up 'spotty connection' - but it's a shared connection so I'm writing that off as my end - although wondering how spotty it was given that virtually no-one else was using it... But it was totally playable. No discernible input lag. I liked the app, the fact that my existing Steam games were easy and basically instant to install. I'll try it at home on my terrible connection (25/10) but won't hold my breath. When my rig eventually becomes too old (and hopefully this dovetails with a countrywide rollout of incredible internet!) I'd rather use this than get a console. I think the pricing is pretty reasonable, but there's no point me converting at this stage

monty-pup and wolfticket like this.
  4. monty-pup

monty-pup Minimodder

And let them :hehe:

5. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Sure you can. Unless you're a diehard prescriptivist it's an accepted and useful device.

Tags: Add Tags