1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews NZXT H1 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 24 Apr 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I really like the H1. If I was in the market for a new itx build, this would be on the shortlist.

3. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

£300
    Lol

4. David

Includes a 80+ gold SFX-L PSU and a 140mm AIO - that's £200 right there.

BeauchN likes this.
  5. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

I agree, if they made a version without those for about £100, I reckon they’d sell quite a few. I’d have one.

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I actually like how they arranged the cooler, tubes and cables for you. It makes building in this case easier and the parts are of high quality. Sure, getting your own parts instead of using their choices is nice, but I don't see the big issue with this. TCO is roughly the same as a 100% self build.

MLyons likes this.
  7. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

My problem with it is that the window doesn't display the one thing most people like to have on show through a PC case window, their GPU.

...and there doesn't seem to be anyway of hiding the cables that are on display through it.

8. perplekks45

I honestly think this case would be better without a window. Look at the Corsair One or the upcoming Xbox or when the garbage bin Mac Pro. This type of build doesn't need a window and it's kinda hard to show off the hardware in that configuration.

David likes this.
  9. David

Yeah, another vented panel would also improve thermals.

10. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

That’s true, if you don’t already have a SFX power supply or suitable cooler. If you do, it’s £200 extra you’re having to spend unnecessarily. Admittedly you could sell on your current parts, but then you’re probably losing some value on them. For example, my 650W SFX PSU cost £140 and my L9a cost £45, so not far off the figures we’re looking at here, but I wouldn’t get that much for them if I sold them on. That’s what would put me off buying this case as it is.

In other words, it probably of more interest for people moving to SFF, than those who have been at it for a while

11. perplekks45

I'm not really sure it would. Given the chimney cooling design they've created, a more focused stream of air from bottom to top might be preferable. My first impulse was the same as yours, though.

I think that's the market they've been going for. If they'd tried to convince existing SFF owners to move they'd offer the case alone for 150-ish. It'd still be one of the cheaper high quality SFF cases.

12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

It's got a solid roof though, so it's not exactly chimney like, seems more of a side intake rear exhaust, only there's nothing actively pushing air out. The only things seemingly encouraging it that way is the psu, so maybe they went with an sfx-l for its larger fan for that very reason?

13. perplekks45

You're right. Strange. Then, obviously, another air intake/passive exhaust would make sense.

14. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I love the size and look of the case, I would buy it (and instantly swap the AIO fan for a Noctua), I wonder if the glass front can be swapped with another rear panel with the holes/mesh?

Any chance they are interchangeable? It doesn't look like it in the photos so maybe a custom made new front mesh panel - I do worry about the cooling ability.

15. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

They are not interchangeable as some of the securing pins are in different places, but you could just mod a mesh panel if they sold them separately

Fingers66 likes this.
Tags: Add Tags